Vehicles (Dev)

Guest AuntieMangos

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Zergtmn's / RSA for very long (its really not that hard to get some patch from branch so waiting for prepared-to-run patch is just your lazyness ;) ) - Also if someone worked on old patch he should've used RSA (Zergtmn's) based system long time ago as compared its much better done...

When you guys really want the vehicle patch, get it from rsa. There it works for now and yeah also on a clean mangos this vehicle system of rsa works.

i would like to know something of the development of the training group of Undergarun, vladex, DaemonCantor and so on? Got already an overview, developed already something new?

I would really appreciate a message from someone of you ;) Also priv messages are welcome, cause maybe this goes a bit too much in offtopic or so ;)

Just want to know because recently i try to figure out which creatures are vehicles...

btw. the patch of Daemoncantor needs just one new line at the end of the file then it will work i think @mrelfire

@darkknight , currently no, because of the time difference i cannot always get in touch with 'em , so its really hard to stay on for hours for us to get something done,currently i am trying to understand the code.

and i don't know what should be added or adapted.

I apologize for not having been around for our study group, vladex. Real life has kept me very busy lately, so I have no time to spare for C++ or MaNGOS.

I don't know why DaemonCantor has not been on his private TeamSpeak server, but the time difference can cause trouble with matching everyone's hours. Maybe it would be best to send him a PM, to let him know when you will be available to chat.

If you need to keep track of which functions and variables have changed, the MaNGOS Lighthouse lists those changes. There's also a live MaNGOS changelog on Twitter, with up to the minute updates on code changes.

Ok for those that are having trouble getting this patch from filebeam I just put it up

here:

http://pastebin.com/0vkKidKb

Hope this helps...

please be careful using this version of vehicles. despite the fact that most of the cut right, here are some pieces of the new version of the pets as well (do not know why) from the old Wojta patch. In addition, the work on vehicle realization I am constantly - unfortunately zergtmn it scored.

addition - absent part of correct spelltargets and spellrules, true pet(vehicle)casting. GO type 33 need separate extracting. in the sum this cut has 80-85% needed code.

DaemonCantor, I implemented this patch and there are some things missing, like vehicle graphic panel with spells and rider is not always in proper position when mounting on a vehicle (maybe vehicle ids are messed up in the sql file).

Casting own spells and attacking from a veh also is not implemented. I guess there in an unknown flag in dbc for it.

I'll take a closer look on this patch in the future.

Ok for those that are having trouble getting this patch from filebeam I just put it up

here:

http://pastebin.com/0vkKidKb

Hope this helps...

please be careful using this version of vehicles. despite the fact that most of the cut right, here are some pieces of the new version of the pets as well (do not know why) from the old Wojta patch. In addition, the work on vehicle realization I am constantly - unfortunately zergtmn it scored.

addition - absent part of correct spelltargets and spellrules, true pet(vehicle)casting. GO type 33 need separate extracting. in the sum this cut has 80-85% needed code.

The rewrite of the Regeneration is needed for the different powertypes of the vehicles. The pet system was completly rewritten by rsa and i did not have time to compare my patch with daemons but i think more than 95% percent of this patch is needed would like to say 100%...

DaemonCantor, I implemented this patch and there are some things missing, like vehicle graphic panel with spells and rider is not always in proper position when mounting on a vehicle (maybe vehicle ids are messed up in the sql file).

Casting own spells and attacking from a veh also is not implemented. I guess there in an unknown flag in dbc for it.

This patch was extracted out of the rsa core which use a modifed vehicle system with work of zergtmn. Spell problems you will have are like on the player-side different spells you can also cast with gm so it is not a problem of the vehiclesystem in most cases.

The attacking on the vehicle is made that your vehicle attacks for you, no autoattack, but a attack every click is possible.

Also the sql files are not fully correct and also i saw some messing up with the camera on bigger vehicles.

So we need to develop it further <.<

I agree that this patch needs to be developed further considering I did make an appeal to change the handleing of the patch to a base core set and then use scripting(SD2) for the actual handling of the different vehicles themselves, because with a vehicle scripted it would be easier to change or fix a certain type vs. trying to fix the whole patch.

I've been working hard to learn C++ so that I can ether do it myself(since nobody has stepped up) or help do it(if somebody does)... for me next to OutdoorPVP, this is one of the most important problems/Patches needed.

Also, I don't know why everyone is looking at the patch I riposted as mine, if you look further up the list you'll see people were having trouble with filebeam so I just riposted it for everyone.

I only took a small look over this patch, and there are quite many (small) changes which seem to be needed, and independend from vehicles in general (ie changes of compo-point holder), so why not post some of them in improved form to review-section?

Most of these changes and offered me and zergtmn small parts (Vladimir believes that it is better). Unfortunately, almost nothing is still pending. Possibly in a new status zergtmn did it myself.

The rewrite of the Regeneration is needed for the different powertypes of the vehicles. The pet system was completly rewritten by rsa and i did not have time to compare my patch with daemons but i think more than 95% percent of this patch is needed would like to say 100%...

I have not found this patch more than a dozen pieces of code needed. author - traponinet - able to independently add to or rewrite it, that is not true for much of the readers ...

I only took a small look over this patch, and there are quite many (small) changes which seem to be needed, and independend from vehicles in general (ie changes of compo-point holder), so why not post some of them in improved form to review-section?

Would be nice if someone could explain why these changes are needed.

I did not knowingly do not do the patch yourself. for half a year of changes made to the kernel code for the normal operation of vehicles, has become so great that even to recall them is unlikely to succeed, let alone provide a patch. In particular, you mentioned the problems I have not - all these things are done.