Vehicles (Dev)

Guest AuntieMangos

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys considered adding this to the 'under review' section to go into the core? I have been viewing the progress on this for a LONG time now. Seems it would be a nice asset to the core. :) I realize there is still a few things to work out, but once its in the core, more people will probably be involved in the dev for this project. :) Keep up the good work guys! :)

You have no idea, Pyrarrows.

This implementation of Vehicles has a long, twisted, and messy history. I'm amazed it works as well as it does.

What's needed is a fresh rewrite, using what is now known about opcodes and also fixing missing features in the core that's needed for Vehicles to work correctly.

I do know that, in 4.0.6., some multi-seat vehicles are treated as minions when piloted by an NPC. The same may hold true for 3.3.5a.

This implementation of Vehicles has a long, twisted, and messy history. I'm amazed it works as well as it does.

What's needed is a fresh rewrite, using what is now known about opcodes and also fixing missing features in the core that's needed for Vehicles to work correctly.

A lot of people are working on it, isn't it ? unfortunately perhaps alone on his side, perhaps we need a leader ? a "mangos developer" could take the lead ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I've tested the patch with revision 11392 and it doesn't apply. In many files it asks for "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]" and many other hunks just fails. I saw some changes in "git log" about static vehicle spawns, but I don't know if it is related to this patch (I think it isn't).

If you want, I can paste the result of a --dry-run patching.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

currently working on one on http://www.github.com/Darkknight900/mangos/tree/vehicle

got first apply of cleaned trapionet patch, currently first diff scratching between original mangos and mangosr2 already saw that there is now a Spell-seat-system and also a better way handling the faction (just a short thing) so i need to do it another time since i ignored related changes to some files :)

I would appreciate any help so if anyone can pm me the changes (commits) to the vehicle system and related since mangosr2 was created if someone got an overview on this it would be great :) this would help me a lot getting the latest changes exactly...

btw. branch is not compilable at all since its just a diffing here, got no compiler on my vacation netbook :D