• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

When I apply your patch with the mangos sources, I have this error :

error: patch failed: src/game/CreatureAI.h:139

error: src/game/CreatureAI.h: patch does not apply

And when I apply with mangos sources and other patch (like interfaction and ahbot) I have much errors.

Can you help me for apply this very good patch please ? ^^

Sinek

What you're asking someone to do is teach you how to use diff-merge tools and how to hand-edit code. There is a Help And Support section that would be more useful to you for asking such questions and give you the opportunity to learn.

Awww! UnkleNuke where did your helping spirit go?....I know your just itching to tell them where and what to do.....!

Yes, indeed, good sir! I most certainly am willing to help as always. However, questions about how to do such fundamental things as merging a patch would receive more proper help and from more people when asked in the right place. A general question like "How do I merge a patch?" would be handled better by the knowledgeable members in the Help & Support section, leaving the core mod developers and testers free to deal with issues directly related to the program code of the mods.

So, let me be clear...

Sinek, I encourage you to ask for help with using Git and diff-merge tools to correctly apply the Vehicle patch to your MaNGOS source code in the Help & Support section of these forums. There are many members who will be happy to patiently answer all the troubles you're facing with Git and applying patches. So long as you show that you're willing to learn and not expect others to do everything for you, this community will go above and beyond the call to have you up and running with your server. ;)

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, it seems nobody is really working on this patch at this time. traponinet does sometimes offer one that is updated to merge with the latest mangos, but there has been little or no development being done that has been shared here. There may be some who are working in private until most of the bugs are worked out, and yet others who are developing vehicles for their own groups, but nothing has been publicly released in a long time.

If any of you do know C++, MySQL, and SD2 scripting, please do not hesitate to publish any code you may have developed for Vehicles. At this point, even bad code would at least be moving forward! As a community, it is up to us to pitch in and work on these things when they are dropped by the developers that have been working on them.

If there is any code being published continuously for Vehicles, it most certainly is not here in these forums. The last posted code of any kind was traponinet's offering from over three months ago. There exist no repositories with code under current development that provide a clean patch.

Those that may still be working on vehicles have merged the code with their own custom repos, which does not allow for a clean patch. Many of the "fixes" applied by these custom repos do not adhere to the MaNGOS coding standards and make the patch useless for further development. I don't consider such leeching to be productive for this community.

If you do know of a repository where Vehicles is being developed according to MaNGOS standards, so others may have the opportunity to help with development, then please do provide one.

Without that, I'd have to say my statements in this post and the previous one are solid.

I wish you luck in realizing your beliefs:)

Unfortunately, I personally can not publish anything on this forum (and some other forums) - my posts quickly removed (SmartPtr usage announcement lasted at least 4 hours, for example). so take a look at github, if you're interested ...

I just updated (without understanding) the old code, which Kid10 prepared.

it can be found at https://github.com/wow4you/mangos/commits/Vehicles

But as it did never work proper, nor is it very beautiful code, and likely I just screwed everything when merging to recent changes - don't expect much.

(Actually I really don't care much about custom code)

I have long since stopped posting "contribute in any way" - some sense in it if the messages are simply removed? but here is a discussion of code written by me, zergtmn, Machiavelly and traponinet (but not you, and not unknown to me personally kid10). at least you should correct the authorship of that.

I can't say I know of any reasons why your posts are being deleted in other parts of the forums, sart, but I would most gladly welcome any code and earnest discussion for further development for Vehicles.

Schmoo, I find it hard to believe you could manage to make a mess of any patches. Given all your contributions, both here and at SD2, I'd say you're practically a one-man dev team! Regardless, thank you for sharing your repo. It's a place to start. :)

Looking over the code base, I see not much has been done to advance development. I suppose the real question to ask here would be if that is simply due to lack of interest or if the entire approach is fundamentally flawed and requires starting over from scratch.

I know this current patch treats vehicles as pets. I'm not sure how multi-seat vehicles are handled for the owners, but I've seen that they are treated as minions for passengers on retail.

A listing of the known vehicle opcodes would come in handy, plus a brainstorm on ideas of how it is thought that vehicles work in the game.

Well, I think it is enough.

Rsa, if you cannot manage to contribute in any way to a thread, then stop posting.

I was thinking any discution about any part of the code is good...

Si IMHO any dev who know what they talk about and have any interest on MaNGOS are proudly invited to post. Rsa included.

This patch need complete rework and analyse.

• 1 month later...