[Patch] Auction House Bot (Xeross' Branch)

@Betaman2k: Well ask rsa, I highly doubt cyberium is going to check rsas branch

On topic,

my server is running for almost two days now and I can't complain about any console spam etc. I can start with some deeper testing this weekend, different commands values and well ... testing.

Regards

Skirnir

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A new small question for cyberium :)

I upload a new psdb database (V 339), and now I am not able to see any box ((coffret) : item number 4632, 4633,...) for training the thief to pickup locks

It was working before so I suspect it is again a link problem.

My config :

AuctionHouseBot.Items.Vendor = 1
AuctionHouseBot.Items.Loot = 1
AuctionHouseBot.Items.Misc = 1
AuctionHouseBot.Bind.No = 1
AuctionHouseBot.Bind.Pickup = 1
AuctionHouseBot.Bind.Equip = 1
AuctionHouseBot.Bind.Use = 1
AuctionHouseBot.Bind.Quest = 1

any ideas please ?

So i want to compile mangos on debian with AHBot. What do i do?

Do i use xeross's or cyberium's repo? Are there others? What are the differences and advantages/disadvantages?

And lastly: How do i create a Patch that can be applied to the latest mangos commit?

Back when naicisum was the sole source for AHBot i just pulled the ahbot branch and compiled it, as it was always up to date.

I could do that with cyberium's repo, too (xeross last commit is like 6 weeks old...). But then i'd need to know about advantages/disadvantages... :S

@WoWS, I'm not a familiar face around here anymore but I do remember Naicisum very well and sometimes miss him and his wit...but in answer to your question,

1) Xeross retired and left his work to Cyberium which in turn did just what the Mangos Developers wanted....made it work without have to have a toon in place.

2) Xeross has left the community for a little while to learn other aspects of programming a WoW server and with the hope of doing better things for us in the future.

3) the other versions of this mod are imperfect copies.

I hope this is a little help to you in deciding which branch to choose and with out any bias I would use Cyberium's due to the fact that he does have Xeross's blessing and has been there for us all doing his best to get this finished and acceptable for the core.

@mrelfire>

It's due to recent box filtering added. I didn't add new config in ahbot.conf to disable it because this hack was intended to avoid any gold farm of theses special container (contained other items). I didn't remeber if in retail version the locked box was permitted... If you need i can add config to let you enable box selling.

On my side, I think it is a good idea=> perhaps a more generic flag to other items which has got this kind of limitation ?

On my side, I think it is a good idea=> perhaps a more generic flag to other items which has got this kind of limitation ?

New version pushed :) New ahbot.conf revision so update your. (and set the new settings as you wish because i defaulted "AuctionHouseBot.LockBox.Enabled" to 0)

Thanks cyberium!! And thank you for supporting this patch.. and making it awesome!! I really appreciate it :D

It's only a very tiny contribution to the opensource world community :) Thanks for your encouragement.

Hi,

Computation is done via dynamic image of auction house, so in your case there is probably some operation in suspend to synchronize memory and DB.

Just retry later your sql command and you'll see the value more realistic :)

It's just the caching issue for make min. DB request.

Therefore if you verify ingame on different ah you will see the correct value.

Greetings

New version pushed :) New ahbot.conf revision so update your. (and set the new settings as you wish because i defaulted "AuctionHouseBot.LockBox.Enabled" to 0)

I still have a slight problem (I put the parameter to to 1), I dont see any do I have bad luck ?

Edit :

It was bad luck :) it is working

git clone git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

cd mangos/

https://scriptdev2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/scriptdev2/ src/bindings/ScriptDev2/

git am src/bindings/ScriptDev2/patches/MaNGOS-*

cd ..

rename mangos to master

git clone git://github.com/cyberium/mangos.git new_ahbot

cd new_ahbot/

git checkout -b new_ahbot origin/new_ahbot

git diff master > ../ahbot.patch

then i change something in patch to

src/bindings/ScriptDev2/Makefile

src/bindings/ScriptDev2/scriptdev2.conf.dist

after that i try to patch but get next error

what did i do wrong ?

generals:/home/svn/master# git apply ../ahbot.patch

error: patch failed: src/game/World.cpp:1277

error: src/game/World.cpp: patch does not apply

Is there any way to exclude specific item entry ids? for example any item that has the text "zzOLD" or "zzDEPRECATED" should probably not be added to the auctions. Doing a text search on the name field would be slow/imperfect so one would have to know the id's to exclude before hand, but i'm thinking it would make sense to be able to specify a comma separated list in the conf of ids to never load.

Looking at the data provided by UDB there is no data that says an item is obsolete other than the "zz*" text in the name field, so I don't see a truly dynamic way to exclude obsolete/DND items

Is there any way to exclude specific item entry ids? for example any item that has the text "zzOLD" or "zzDEPRECATED" should probably not be added to the auctions. Doing a text search on the name field would be slow/imperfect so one would have to know the id's to exclude before hand, but i'm thinking it would make sense to be able to specify a comma separated list in the conf of ids to never load.

Looking at the data provided by UDB there is no data that says an item is obsolete other than the "zz*" text in the name field, so I don't see a truly dynamic way to exclude obsolete/DND items

This is indeed a good idea and shouldn't be too hard to implement.

En het leeft nog steeds :)

Cyber: Moet ik de main post nog even veranderen of ?

Cyber: Moet ik de main post nog even veranderen of ?

Yes if you have time :)

For the new feature i will make a pause for now due to "in review code disponibility".

Resolve "zzxxxx" is easy and no dynamic test is required because i use itempool loaded at the start of mangos.

Adding ignored item list it's a bit more complex to implement but just a bit :)

Greetings

May I suggest to have a seperate table with exception id:

Using a new table brings the disadvantage of ... having a new database table. Imo it should be easier to add a config line "items to exclude: "1,2,3,4" " I dunno about how many id's we are actually talking, but using a separate table is something that would never make it inside the core.

Regards

Skirnir

Yes, table can be only usefull if there is lot of item to exclude after set the already existed filter.

I think it can be possible to have this case but the cost of adding new table is not justified for me.

So if any the best i can do is implement the exluded item on ahbot.conf file.

Something like "AuctionHouseBot.Items.Exlude = 12345, 12346, 12347, ..." with about 50 maximum entry if possible.

eek. Failing with new rev 10654

$ git apply ../ahbot.patch
error: patch failed: src/game/World.cpp:1277
error: src/game/World.cpp: patch does not apply

If that is line 1277 then notepad++ shows this m_timers[WUPDATE_CORPSES].SetInterval(20*MINUTE*IN_MILLISECONDS);

If it's an error code, then I haven't a clue :D

@EARTHWALKER:

that file:linenumber refers to the section of the patch that failed.

In this case, the patch is looking for

m_timers[WUPDATE_CORPSES].SetInterval(3*HOUR*IN_MILLISECONDS);

but instead finds

m_timers[WUPDATE_CORPSES].SetInterval(20*MINUTE*IN_MILLISECONDS);

You can update the patch file and no more problem (assuming that there aren't more conflicts)