[Patch] Auction House Bot (Xeross' Branch)

I am correct with this installation? (I'll edit my post when compelte and remove my text so it will take fewer spaces)

Like i said, i'm trying to do this without having to open my wow server :P

PART 24 - ADD-ON: AUCTION HOUSE

• Create a folder name C:\\AHBotTemp

• Right click on the folder and choose "Git Bash"

• Type the following commands:

git clone git://github.com/cyberium/mangos.git new_ahbot

cd new_ahbot

git checkout new_ahbot

git diff master > ../ahbot.patch

• You've just created you're patch file located in C:\\AHBotTemp

• Close your GIT window

** AHBot Part 2 – Auction House Patch – Require the software to be re-compile

• Create the folders C:\\Mangos\\Addon\\AHBot and put your patch file there

• Delete the C:\\AHBotTemp folder if you had to create the patch file

• Right click on C:\\Mangos and choose "Git Bash"

• You will need to test the patch to make sure your not going to run into trouble, type the following command replacing the X number with the number of the file located at the specified path:

git apply --check Addon/AHBot/ahbot.patch

• If the patch did not encountered any trouble, you can continue to the next point

• Type the following command replacing the X number with the number of the file located at the specified path:

git apply Addon/AHBot/ahbot.patch

• Close the GIT Bash window when its done

** The next step will required to re-compile mangos. If you're thinking to add more addons wich need to re-compile mangos as well, perhaps it will save you time to take the appropriate action on each add-ons until a re-compile is required

• Rebuild Mangos (See PART 8 - Compiling and PART 9 - Installing Mangos)

** Choose to replace the files in your C:\\Mangos

REMOVE PART 3? ** AHBot Part 3 – Adding the SQL code in the Database

REMOVE PART4? ** AHBot Part 4 – Creating the Account

MODIFICATION REQUIRED?? ** AHBot Part 5 – Tuning the Ahbot.conf.dist.in

• Tune up theses settings in your C:\\Mangos\\src\\game\\AuctionHouseBot\\ahbot.conf.dist.in file:

i dont think we need the following anymore

# AuctionHouseBot.Account is the account number (in realmd->account table) of the player you want to run as the auction bot. Note: a value of 0 will disable the bot

# AuctionHouseBot.Character is the GUID (in mangos->character table) of the player you want to run as the auction bot. Note: a value of 0 will disable the bot

• Change this setting in your C:\\Mangos\\Mangos.conf file:

AllowTwoSide.Interaction.Auction = 1

THIS IS IN THE CONF FILE NOW?** AHBot Part 6 – Tuning the SQL Database

• Replies 717
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

temporary! Your making it complicated.. it's actually really easy..

1. Use

git pull git://github.com/cyberium/mangos.git new_ahbot

on your mangos repo in Bash mode

2. Compile Mangos

3. Get the ahbot.config from "/src/game/AuctionHouseBot/" place it in your mangos server folder

4. Edit the config file

5. Run game and enjoy

Simple as that. :)

P.S. And yeah.. part 3 and 4 from your guide need to be removed :P

I like the ahbot but seems in the later versions certain items no longer show up in the auction house.

I'm thinking that this is because certain items, ie created items such as Mekgineer's Chopper, are not listed in the loot_templates that the latest version uses.

Went looking for a list of such items that could be added to the item list created by the ahbot but couldn't find it in any of the mangos tables. I got lost very quickly when I started exploring the dbc files. Is there a table that could be used to source those items?

I did find one more table that could be added to the initial lootQuery[] list, 'spell_loot_template'. Contains a few cards that are not in the other loot_templates.

Also I'm guessing that the sell price is the better value to base prices on and I don't want to go and try swapping to buy prices. But for things that don't have a sell price (ie disenchant loot) would it be possible to set it so it would default to buy price / 4 (or a config value)?

DAMNIT! ....thanks :P

Well i prefer the notion of a patch file ...so i like to keep it that way even though pull is a bit quicker....

I'll try to come up with something for the installation soon... but what i'm doiing right now is like writting a guide on how to use a computer without having a computer.... simply because i don't feel like opening my server and testing all of these but i'd like to keep the guide up to date for anyone who needs it :)

DAMNIT! ....thanks :P

Well i prefer the notion of a patch file ...so i like to keep it that way even though pull is a bit quicker....

I'll try to come up with something for the installation soon... but what i'm doiing right now is like writting a guide on how to use a computer without having a computer.... simply because i don't feel like opening my server and testing all of these but i'd like to keep the guide up to date for anyone who needs it :)

Hehe.. well that could be tricky.. You have to test it yourself to see if it works.. if you don't, how can you guarantee to the ppl that are reading your guide.. that it will work :P?

This is why i'm asking people who worked on AHBot here, who's a better place to answer this question? :D

I'm not much into wow, i just wonder from time to time on this website because i made the guide and i have some "free time"....but i wouldnt mind giving my account to an admin here so he could keep it up to date...

a little compilation problem with latest core

10>..\\..\\src\\game\\AuctionHouseBot\\AuctionHouseBot.cpp(1325): error C2039: 'SetOwnerGUID' : is not a member of 'Item'
10>          d:\\users_sys\\games\\wow\\mangos\\git\\ahbot3\\src\\game\\auctionhousebot\\../Item.h(273) : see declaration of 'Item'

Hi Cyberium,

I'm using your repo since a while, but today I wanted to recompile the latest version with the latest scriptdev2 from the svn. Problem is current repo version does not compile with the latest scriptdev2 patch.

Can you please update your repo to make it compile with latest scriptdev2 or tell where I can get a working scriptdev2 version compatible with your repo?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Marc

BTW: I'm using new_ahbot branch but the AHBot is only selling not buying. Any idea what might be wrong? Do I have to edit some settings?

Patch updated, but please refer only in the "under review" section.

Hi Cyberium,

BTW: I'm using new_ahbot branch but the AHBot is only selling not buying. Any idea what might be wrong? Do I have to edit some settings?

You only have to play with these value

AuctionHouseBot.Buyer.Recheck.Interval = 20

AuctionHouseBot.Buyer.Alliance.Chance.Ratio = 3
AuctionHouseBot.Buyer.Horde.Chance.Ratio = 3
AuctionHouseBot.Buyer.Neutral.Chance.Ratio = 3

All other setting is hardcoded.

If you whant to see AHBUYER in action : check for exemple

AuctionHouseBot.Buyer.Recheck.Interval = 2
AuctionHouseBot.DEBUG.Buyer = 1

You will see (in console) evaluated item with their chance to be buyed and probably see why buyer don't whant to buy your item :P

Greetings

conflicts with rev 10802 (mail.cpp) FIX:

To resolve conflicts with  mail.cpp 
Search : if (sender_lowguid == auctionbot.GetAHBObjectGuid().GetRawValue())
replace by : if (sender_guid == auctionbot.GetAHBObjectGuid().GetRawValue())

search : SendMailTo(MailReceiver(receiver,receiver_lowguid), MailSender(MAIL_CREATURE, sender_lowguid), MAIL_CHECK_MASK_RETURNED, deliver_delay);
replace by : SendMailTo(MailReceiver(receiver,receiver_guid), MailSender(MAIL_CREATURE, sender_guid.GetCounter()), MAIL_CHECK_MASK_RETURNED, deliver_delay);

Search : SendMailTo(MailReceiver(receiver,receiver_lowguid), MailSender(MAIL_NORMAL, sender_lowguid), MAIL_CHECK_MASK_RETURNED, deliver_delay);
replace by: SendMailTo(MailReceiver(receiver,receiver_guid), MailSender(MAIL_NORMAL, sender_guid.GetCounter()), MAIL_CHECK_MASK_RETURNED, deliver_delay);

Search: if (receiver.GetPlayerGUIDLow() == auctionbot.GetAHBObjectGuid().GetRawValue())
replace by: if (receiver.GetPlayerGuid() == auctionbot.GetAHBObjectGuid().GetRawValue())

• 2 weeks later...

Some filters do not appear to be working as expected anymore.

The one that i'm sure about is

AuctionHouseBot.Items.ReqLevel.Max

If set to 40, then only items that require level 40 or below (or no level requirement) should appear, however some ReqLevel 60 and 75 items are getting through

MaNGOS revision/build

MaNGOS/0.17.0 (* * Revision 10850 - a6f9bed3ae18a8e1aa8b7cd7e973404ff01ffaf7) for FreeBSD_x32

Using repos/branch

git://github.com/cyberium/mangos.git new_ahbot

I am using an older ACE version, but i've been doing so for a while and never noticed the issue before, only other mod is SD2 but i don't think it would affect ahbot

On a side note all the log out strings in AuctionHouseBot.cpp contain text similar to

"(If you want to use it please set config in 'mangos.conf')"

I was under impression that AHBot used its own ahbot.conf config file, should the log out text be changed?