Git mirrored to SourceForge SVN

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jdguz Thank you very much... that does help me understand it.

I happen to agree with you Kolapse... as much as I am "content" with the old Tortoise SVN, I am always happy to embrace new tools and expand my comprehension of new ideas and technologies.

Isn't that what Mangos is all about anyway? Us trying new things... learning how to create something and expanding our horizons?

~I think it is.

Subversion isn't user-friendly either, but it looks sexy with TortoiseSVN. :P

TortoiseSVN makes it user friendly, while we can't say the same about a program for git... ^_^

Is there a reason why you won't be having both of them for the lifetime of mangos? I mean, if you've made a script so that svn is automatic, why remove it when most of us want it and it means no extra work for you?

I can live with git, not happy with it,but can deal with it. main thing im worry about there is no revsion number... like if i compile a core.. then a week later what to complie another core, and then update my DB, add the sql updates.. how will i know where i left off at ? If i writ a note and lost it.. then im in a mess.

i like this old saying... if it works, why mess with it.. meaning svn working grate for me. i could read what was update what was fixed and so on... now its like working in the dark, Hope MaNGOS lives thought this mess.

I can live with git, not happy with it,but can deal with it. main thing im worry about there is no revsion number... like if i compile a core.. then a week later what to complie another core, and then update my DB, add the sql updates.. how will i know where i left off at ? If i writ a note and lost it.. then im in a mess.

i like this old saying... if it works, why mess with it.. meaning svn working grate for me. i could read what was update what was fixed and so on... now its like working in the dark, Hope MaNGOS lives thought this mess.

I hate to say it but your obviously not good at dates (calender dates that is :P) because the only difference between end user SVN and Git to me is the Revision numbers and I myself never really worked from revision numbers anyway, I used dates and times and worked my updates out from there the only time I used Rev numbers was making sure DB was compatible with Core.

If your using Msysgit for windows then its quite easy once you have done the original clone its just a matter of right clicking on the Mangos folder where its located running Git Bash and running 'Git Pull' to update and using Git GUI to look at changes by opening it and bringing down the Repository list and using either 'Visualize master's History' or Visualize All Branch History' and as i said before then going on the date and time u last updated.

The new MaNGOS repository now lives at

http://mangos.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/mangos/trunk/

????

:confused:

No it is not a new repo it is the old one that is now a mirror of the changes made to the git repo. As theluda stated in a previous post sourceforge will be updated once daily and will be available for a short time to make the transition to Git a little easier.

Regards,

JDG

hmm isee still old rev there ? is it possible to update old svn then?

TheLuda was working on a script to do this but I'm not sure if it is in operation yet. If you want to get the latest version of the mangos source you need to get it from the git repository which is located here:

http://www.github.com/mangos/mangos

The svn will eventually be phased out so the sooner you get used to git the better.

Regards,

JDG

well still nothing on svn, I don't know whose bright idea was this but someone totally forgot about people that are working under windows, yes there is msys port of git but this is like working with native win app via wine, you know there are other system than *nix ;) and I'd also like to know how to patch something using git (not using built in *nix diff, something built in git)

hmm oke i have to stay on mangos becos trinity changed db and i dont wanna loose all my custom stuff..so i have probs with git...is the structure totaly cahnged ---i tryd to add some patches manually what worked before like

announce patch

Index: src/game/Chat.cpp
===================================================================
--- src/game/Chat.cpp (révision 6682)
+++ src/game/Chat.cpp (copie de travail)
@@ -437,7 +437,8 @@
{ "aura", SEC_ADMINISTRATOR, &ChatHandler::HandleAuraCommand, "", NULL },
{ "unaura", SEC_ADMINISTRATOR, &ChatHandler::HandleUnAuraCommand, "", NULL },
{ "acct", SEC_PLAYER, &ChatHandler::HandleAcctCommand, "", NULL },
- { "announce", SEC_MODERATOR, &ChatHandler::HandleAnnounceCommand, "", NULL },
+ { "sysannounce", SEC_MODERATOR, &ChatHandler::HandleSysAnnounceCommand, "", NULL },
+ { "announce", SEC_ADMINISTRATOR, &ChatHandler::HandleAnnounceCommand, "", NULL },
{ "notify", SEC_MODERATOR, &ChatHandler::HandleNotifyCommand, "", NULL },
{ "goname", SEC_MODERATOR, &ChatHandler::HandleGonameCommand, "", NULL },
{ "namego", SEC_MODERATOR, &ChatHandler::HandleNamegoCommand, "", NULL },
Index: src/game/Chat.h
--- src/game/Chat.h (révision 6682)
+++ src/game/Chat.h (copie de travail)
@@ -103,6 +103,7 @@
bool HandleGonameCommand(const char* args);
bool HandleGroupgoCommand(const char* args);
bool HandleRecallCommand(const char* args);
+ bool HandleSysAnnounceCommand(const char* args);
bool HandleAnnounceCommand(const char* args);
bool HandleNotifyCommand(const char* args);
bool HandleGMmodeCommand(const char* args);
Index: src/game/Language.h
--- src/game/Language.h (révision 6682)
+++ src/game/Language.h (copie de travail)
@@ -27,6 +27,7 @@

// level 0 chat
LANG_SYSTEMMESSAGE = 3,
+ LANG_ANNOUNCE_COLOR = 1000,
LANG_EVENTMESSAGE = 4,
LANG_NO_HELP_CMD = 5,
LANG_NO_CMD = 6,
Index: src/game/Level1.cpp
--- src/game/Level1.cpp (révision 6682)
+++ src/game/Level1.cpp (copie de travail)
@@ -115,7 +115,7 @@
}

// global announce
-bool ChatHandler::HandleAnnounceCommand(const char* args)
+bool ChatHandler::HandleSysAnnounceCommand(const char* args)
{
if(!*args)
return false;
@@ -124,6 +124,16 @@
return true;
}

+bool ChatHandler::HandleAnnounceCommand(const char* args)
+{
+ if(!*args)
+ return false;
+
+ sWorld.SendWorldText(LANG_ANNOUNCE_COLOR, m_session->GetPlayer()->GetName(), args);
+ 
+ return true;
+}
+
//notification player at the screen
bool ChatHandler::HandleNotifyCommand(const char* args)
{

honor patch

blink patch

and even this one

Index: src/game/Player.cpp
--- src/game/Player.cpp (revision 6555)
+++ src/game/Player.cpp (working copy)
@@ -4335,7 +4335,12 @@
float baseSpirit = spirit;
if (baseSpirit>50) baseSpirit = 50;
float moreSpirit = spirit - baseSpirit;
- float regen = baseSpirit * baseRatio->ratio + moreSpirit * moreRatio->ratio;
+ float regen = 0.0f;
+ if (level > 70 ) {
+ regen = baseSpirit * baseRatio->ratio + moreSpirit * GetStat(STAT_STAMINA) * (level+2) * .0000005 ;
+ }else{
+ regen = baseSpirit * baseRatio->ratio + moreSpirit * moreRatio->ratio;
+ }
return regen;
}

@@ -4353,7 +4358,12 @@

// Formula get from PaperDollFrame script
float spirit = GetStat(STAT_SPIRIT);
- float regen = spirit * moreRatio->ratio;
+ float regen = 0.0f;
+ if (level > 70 ) { //fix for mana issue
+ regen = spirit * GetStat(STAT_INTELLECT) * (level+2) * .0000005 ;
+ } else {
+ regen = spirit * moreRatio->ratio;
+ }
return regen;
}

jail

and impconfig_git have added git support in svn but i jave no idea how to import patch...looked videos readed guids but there isint any detailed guid nowere...git is better i wont argue but why not use 2 svns? one for pros one for noobs? is it to much work? i see noone will update old patches for git and if people cant even add them manually then i dont know whats gonna happen

to switch to git was the badest idea ever which was ever realized on mangos! :mad: all people who were coding patches / fixes on win are out of the game now! :eek: the developement of mangos is now much more slowly because many fixes will never be written! 90-95% of all fixes / patches were written on win-systems! switch mangos back to svn or start a mirror which is much more up to date as only one time a day or mangos will die!

hmm oke i have to stay on mangos becos trinity changed db and i dont wanna loose all my custom stuff..so i have probs with git...is the structure totaly cahnged ---i tryd to add some patches manually what worked before like

If you search the forum you will find that in order to use a patch that was formated for svn IS IN FACT usable in git however minor modifications have to be made. Read throught the quick and dirty git guide thread and you will see that vladimir posted these modifications.

to switch to git was the badest idea ever which was ever realized on mangos! :mad: all people who were coding patches / fixes on win are out of the game now! :eek: the developement of mangos is now much more slowly because many fixes will never be written! 90-95% of all fixes / patches were written on win-systems! switch mangos back to svn or start a mirror which is much more up to date as only one time a day or mangos will die!

Okay I think these dooms day predictions that mangos is going to die are getting old. It doesn't matter if 95% of the patches were written in windows (which is a number that I don't tend to believe). Git is perfectly usable under windows if you are willing to learn it. Yes it's going to take about a day of reading and applying this knowledge but it is very learnable. Oh and yes it' s going to take some working with the command line but come on people this project is made for learning not for just consuming.

Regards,

JDG

hmm oke

git-apply impconfig_git.patch

gives me : cant open patch impconfig_git.patch .no such file or directory but i have downloaded source and i have added that patch to source folder

git apply impconfig_git.patch

cant open patch impconfig_git.patch .no such file or directory but i have downloaded source

im dumb i know but whats im doing wrong?