MaNGOLin - Admin tool for Mangos runs on Linux or Windows

bannor

Hi Bannor,

I started to translate the .txt you linked into the german language. Much of it's content is context-sensitive though, which means that I have to try it implemented into MaNGOLin. Is this possible from here (e.g. just have to install it and then overwrite the txt with the translated)?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Svarr it is possible but not easy at the moment but it will be very soon, just discovered another bug and will be fixing it today so when im doing that I will also make it possible to the change out or add in new language files manually by adding them to a folder.

So a new version of a MaNGOLin will be out tomorrow which you will be able to add in the localisation file yourself very easily and thus test it , I will supply some instructions to you.

The other change I may make is make the language selectable, at the moment it is automatic and checks your PC's localisation setting but I will probably add an option to override it in MaNGOLin's preferences.

Cheers

Bannor

New version of MaNGOLin released V1.07.

For those who are interested in modifying language files, the instructions on how to are also up on the website.

Dont forget to send me copies of the files you modify if you want to see them permanently incorporated into MaNGOLin.

Cheers

Bannor

Just installed and tested it. Awesome tool! ;D

I have a suggestion: For user, who are running multiple servers (e.g. MaNGOSone and MaNGOStwo), it would be a huge benefit to be able to enter all the databases at once. This means: 5 fields for mangos DB, Characters DB and Scriptdev2 DB at the login screen (Realmd stays at one field of course). I can imagine that this would complicate the view of the Characters in the Accounts tab, but perhaps another column, that shows from which server that character is, would be enough. Also some actions would have to include checks so that the content will be written to the right DBs, I think.

Also, is there a way to make MaNGOLin properly display ß, ä, ü, ö?

Another thing I found:

On line 54, info_realm_delete=

Shouldn't the text advise the user to make a backup of the realm db instead of the CharactersDB?

I had multiple server support planned for the now canned MaNGOLin 2.xx but unlike the localisation stuff which I had actual concrete working code done, I had not started the multiple server code so their was nothing to backport.

The plan was to have server profiles which you could select at login then the character and account panels would not have to change.

And you are right about the info_realmdb its a copy&paste error I forgot to change I'll fix it for the next version.

PS: If you could send me any file changes you make I can put them into MaNGOLin permanently, contact me through private and just copy and paste the file contents into the message field.

Cheers

Bannor

And you are right about the info_realmdb its a copy&paste error I forgot to change I'll fix it for the next version.

Nice :D

PS: If you could send me any file changes you make I can put them into MaNGOLin permanently, contact me through private and just copy and paste the file contents into the message field.

Will do, but I'm not done yet.^^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will look into the gmail problem, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I will also take a look, at using a blank entry for scriptdev2, for the moment just create an empty scriptdev2 database and add an entry in to MaNGOLin for it which should allow you to login.

If I get time tomorrow I will fix this and get a new version out.

Cheers

Bannor

Update:

I have white listed gmail.com as an approved free email provider so you should be able to use it on my website now, spamassasin has it listed for blocking by default so the white listing should allow it through now.

Please note that under the Support heading on my website you can find Contact Us and report any registration issues via that mechanism as it does not block and you don't have to be registered to use it.

New release V2.01 is up see website for details, this one fixes your problem Rottstein.

Their will be another minor update soonish to fix some leftover localisation string issues as I missed putting some entries into the language files, but I thought I would get this release out fairly rapidly since it prevented login, must be the first person i've come across in all my years of coding MaNGOLin that doesn't use a scriptdev database :)

But the bug report was welcome all the same wish more folk would report bugs.

Cheers

Bannor

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

First, I would like to says thank you Banner for MangoLin.

I use it occasionnally, it's a very usefull tool.

If I may have a suggestion for Character based functions, it's a quest management panel.

A panel where you could view all quests linked to a player, filter them (finished or not...) and do some modification like :

- finish a quest selected from the list, or by ID

- remove a quest selected or by ID

- add a quest by ID or from a selectable list (harder because you should filter quests accordingly to player side, race, class, level...)

- modify objectives

actually, I do all these directly in database specially for testing purpose or when I have a bug to finish a quest

It's just a request, I will not feel disapointed if you don't want to spend time on it ;)

Again, thanks for MangoLin

Shenron

A very good suggestion @shenron .

I am busy at the moment with another piece of software im developing.

As soon as I get some free time I will take a look at the logistics of implementing this, although im not sure when that will be.

I have been considering implementing something quest modification related for sometime and this would fit the bill quite nicely.

Cheers

Bannor

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...