MangChat

When compiling on Linux, you have white space following the trailing \\ in src/game/Makefile.am on line: 160. Easy fix, just fyi for something to add to make everyone happy.

http://getmangos.eu/community/showpost.php?p=59764&postcount=18

http://filebeam.com/8aa8895b8643be83856ac807d09911f6 to fix that

hey guys..

its working in linux

but remember to edit src/game/mangchat/IRCConf.h to change the conf-dir

@sysconfdir@/mangchat to mangchat.conf

then put your mangchat.conf in your bin dir and volla! its working under ubuntu Intrepid 8,10

instead of editing source u can:

./mangos-worldd -m /path_to_etc/mangchat.conf

i havent been able to test yet why its not getting correct path from @sysconfdir@, when i do i will try to fix that, ofc other ppl are welcome to fix that

@ Shinzon

whenever i learn how to commit to a repo that isnt my i will try to help

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IRCConf.h

/* TriniChat Trinity Core IRC Client
* This Program Is Free Software; You Can Redistribute It And/Or Modify It Under The Terms 
* Of The GNU General Public License
* Written And Developed By |Death|([email protected])
* - Based Off Of MangChat 1.0 By Cybrax([email protected])
* PLEASE RETAIN THE COPYRIGHT OF THE AUTHORS.*/
#ifndef MC_CONFIG_H
#define MC_CONFIG_H

#include "../../framework/Platform/CompilerDefs.h"

// Format is YYYYMMDDRR where RR is the change in the conf file
// for that day.
#define MangChat_CONF_VERSION    2008011901

#if PLATFORM == PLATFORM_WINDOWS
 #define _MangChat_CONFIG  "mangchat.conf"
#else
 #define _MangChat_CONFIG  [color=Red]SYSCONFDIR"mangchat.conf"[/color]
#endif

#endif

using the current "@sysconfdir@/mangchat.conf" it does not use the conf file. This should work on windows as well. Every mangchat that I have used I must do this in linux. BTW thank you very much for getting this up to date.

When I launch game I use : mangos-world -m pathtomangchat.conf

I will try your patch and if it works I add it to ther repo

@roflnap : I just keep mangchat working on my repo, I will not add functionnality. Not good enough in cpp.

Hi there,

Well I am testing mangchat for a week now. Everything works fine. Nice addition!

A few days ago I wanted to compile it again and got 2 errors with compiling. These two are back:

Error 2 error C2664: 'ACE_Based::Thread::Thread(ACE_Based::Runnable *)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'mcs_OnlinePlayers' to 'ACE_Based::Runnable *' \\src\\game\\mangchat\\IRCCmde.cpp 1436 game

Error 4 error C2664: 'ACE_Based::Thread::Thread(ACE_Based::Runnable *)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'IRCClient' to 'ACE_Based::Runnable *' \\src\\mangosd\\Master.cpp 304 mangosd

2 errors

I know that it has something to do with Revision 8318 from Mangos

I cannot find exactly what the problem is. Anybody who can help me?

Thanks in advance!

• 39 years later...

MangChat now at version 1.7.2

Supporting Mangos 7331

Client Build 3.0.9.9551

I have gotten the MangChat branch working now at 100% for Mangos build 7331. Here are the instructions of how to download this branch using Git Bash.

I'm using the path "C:\\Projects" as an example. You can put it where ever you want.

Go to Git and type:

cd c:

cd projects

git clone git://github.com/shinzon/mangos.git

cd mangos

git checkout -b mangchat

git pull git://github.com/shinzon/mangos.git mangchat

Then simply compile whichever win build you want. (Sorry, don't have Linux, so you linux guys are on your own... though I do not think you should have a problem compiling my changes)

I will post any updates that are done to MangChat here.

The next version will have the following:

- Achievement Notifications

ya i did that, i got a mangos core, i looked all around in it for a mangchat folder but its not there, just the same core i get when i download from mangos's git

You don't just want to do the "git clone git://github.com/shinzon/mangos.git" You also need to do the branch stuff afterwards, otherwise you will ONLY have the core.

(i.e. git pull git://github.com/shinzon/mangos.git mangchat)

FOLLOW ALL THE STEPS. Not just the first one or two.

I want to find out what you guys would like to see in MangChat.

The next version will have notification of Achievements. Here are some other ideas I've been tossing around:

* Timed notification or posting to a DB of realm(s) populations

* Ability to clear GM Tickets from in IRC

* A smoother capability to whisper players and allow them to whisper IRC users

What other features would YOU like to see integrated? (can't guarantee they WILL be integrated, but I can certainly try)

I want to find out what you guys would like to see in MangChat.

The next version will have notification of Achievements. Here are some other ideas I've been tossing around:

* Timed notification or posting to a DB of realm(s) populations

* Ability to clear GM Tickets from in IRC

* A smoother capability to whisper players and allow them to whisper IRC users

What other features would YOU like to see integrated? (can't guarantee they WILL be integrated, but I can certainly try)

the above sounds really good... can you look at some code you already have in, it doesnt seem to work properly... specifically on .sysmsg the LIST/ADD functions that were added dont work

also... and seriously this is just for pure humor, but do you think you might be able to add in the option to turn on the old poker games that cybrax was originally tring to work out where people bet gold in the mangchat? Its not a real critical thing but its gives more interaction in the channel.

also.. I have a question although i have mno idea if it can be done... you know how you turn on INVITE for bringing people to join the world channel? is there anyway to script it so it will recognize if a person is already IN the channel so it doesnt keep asking them to join the channel everytime they change a zone?

these are just thoughts to ponder... you are doing a damn good job as it is, and if you look on our front page of our main site, I put your name in lights

thanks Shinzon

also... and seriously this is just for pure humor, but do you think you might be able to add in the option to turn on the old poker games that cybrax was originally tring to work out where people bet gold in the mangchat? Its not a real critical thing but its gives more interaction in the channel.
that was when cybrax was into poker, he studied the game, math behind it, etc created client and server then started to integrate it into mangchat and got tired of poker so discontinued that idea
also.. I have a question although i have mno idea if it can be done... you know how you turn on INVITE for bringing people to join the world channel? is there anyway to script it so it will recognize if a person is already IN the channel so it doesnt keep asking them to join the channel everytime they change a zone?
problem is that its problematic to check custom channels, as those are not present in in dbc
the check could be added to / at the end of the sendmotd function.

But it would have to be like the SQL workaround because the player joins channels after the motd gets sent , there is no way to use an in core function to check if someone is in a channel.

BTW i created a git branch with MaNGOS + SD2 + Mangchat + AHBOT to the ones with problems merging that

http://github.com/brunogcar/mangos/tree/master

git://github.com/brunogcar/mangos.git

Finally got this to work - Whew!

What I've noticed..

In the PM screen with Mangchat, it says TriniChat - purely cosmetic ;)

I had to specify ./mangos-worldd -m ../etc/mangchat.conf (the location of my confs) expicitly, is that normal? does it not follow the sysconfdir with configure? maybe even conbine it with the mangos.conf? again, cosmetic, but hey.

achievement notices would be awesome.

havent tested it all, or had a real chance to play with it yet, but i like it, for sure.

a how to on setting this up would be nice for others, the original wiki is no more i think and the original google-code is bare as well (i searched a lot ;)) - i figured it out, after much trial and error at any event.

Im sure Ill come back to you with more complaints/suggestions as I use it more :)

I have it running right now with an empty server, so no crashes yet

Thank you much - handy tool this is :D

And yes, merging this with auctionhouse bot is a pain in the .... thank god for vimdiff!

besides from reputation it would be extren\\melly usefull to have setsill command

there were quite a few updates to trinichat that would be goot to be incorporated to mangchat as well, unfortunatly i dont know how to get their source so i cant help much on that

what if it was a core channel like LOOKINGFORGROUP?

u can disable auto invite and set default channel to LFG with out any source edit

but indeed as some of my testers reported autoinvite is spamming invites way more than just when login or map changes, at random base more than once on each ocasion

And yes, merging this with auctionhouse bot is a pain in the .... thank god for vimdiff!

common its just 1 line edit, can easly be done manually by anyone, no need for merge tools on that

u just need to edit conflict

then

git add .

then

git commit

your git is perfect bruno, since you committed it to master i went ahead and tried an experiment and it worked flawless ly:

git clone git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

cd mangos

git clone git://github.com/brunogcar/mangios.git master

not i have the most recent mangos with your fixes

runs like a dream