MangChat

I had much more than one line with the latest auctionhouse bot to fix (several if statements, and a few other tibits that git didn't like)... I wasn't complaining per se as just making a side joke :-\\ Perhaps my linux git was just being silly, eesh. I guess I should add that I did not use "your" mangos fork and have done all this manually, I prefer sticking to the origin and adding things in myself to force myself to fix (and learn) things as they happen.

And the makefile whitespace error is still a nuisance (no vimdiff needed there ;))

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just realized there is .char setsill command, so my request is invalid

reputation still usefull to be added similar way

i did a little research regarding trinichat on patch queue

http://bitbucket.org/raczman/trinitycore-patches/src/tip/trinichat2

some usefull stuff were added to it

• * char reputation / quest
    * tele GO / homebind
    * server setmotd /flusharenapoints
    * restart mangchat from mangos console
    * info command Now display Monster XP, Quest XP, Money Drop rates and MotD on
    * and many fixes from linking quests, items, etc to irc and colors
    * etc

really worth it to take a look and borrow some of their changes

MangChat is a integrated IRC client for the MaNGOS open source game server, currently MangChat allows cross communication between IRC and the In Game chat channels for World Of Warcraft. As well as access to gm functions to make administering a MaNGOS server easier from IRC.

also mangchat support forum is back online: http://mangos.cjb.net/forums/index.php?showforum=27

For the ones having problems with conflicts between mangchat and ahbot u can use my fork. But just as fair warning i have sd2 rev900,impconfig,ahbot, and mangchat all in one.

git://github.com/Furt/mangos.git

use branch All-In-One

It cannot compile on linux :S

when running "make" i keep get this error

Making all in mangosd

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/mangos/mangos/objdir/src/mangosd'

Makefile:568: *** missing separator. Stop

I wrote a patch to use mangchat with the mangos revision 7401(+).

The MangChat was written for 6385...i will try to make a newer one next days

It's only for linux atm!

http://destiny-network.de/MangChat-7401.patch

apply:

wget [url]http://destiny-network.de/MangChat-7401.patch[/url]
git apply --whitespace=nowarn MangChat-7401.patch

For MangChat & ScriptDev2 in 1 patch file:

wget destiny-network.de/MangChat-ScriptDev2-for-7401.patch
git apply --whitespace=nowarn MangChat-ScriptDev2-for-7401.patch

(too lazy to fix whitespace errors...)

Please send a PM if you find a bug!

ps: sorry for the bad english ;P

I love this patch/addition to the core.

My suggestion? Add a command to mangos to reconnect if something goes wonky and the irc server dies. I know mangchat will try up to X amount of times when the server starts, but if the server has been running for a few houes and the irc server goes out, then comes back, it does not attempt (as far as I can tell).

maybe:

.mangchat connect

.mangchat disconnect (dunno why, but someone would/could use it im sure)

.mangchat status (returns offline/online? just ideas)

Is that something easy to implement? I truly do not know, either way, thanks!

EDIT: I see brunogcar suggested something similar above, sorry for the double idea then :S

you know what *I* would like to see... and this is a thought from the top of my head so idk how it could possibly be implemented unless maybe a LUA addon was developed... But I would like a way to see who is in the IRC room while you are in game.

This might not be widely accepted or used by the players but I know my GMs have commented often that it would be nice to see who is in the chatroom from the game without having to alt-tab out. I mean... All it really needs to do is SHOW the IRC-names of the people.. you really wouldnt need to have the ability to talk to them from the app since you can always just /# <message> or use .ircpm to contact them but as an admin there are plenty of times I will be devving on world and new potentials will come into the chat and not say anything so I dont catch that they are there and that lowers our server's potential to have more players.

What do you guys think?

--Erazare

in the interest of the infinite wisdom of mangos (sometimes i question that) the recent builds 7491 and 7492 have changed the nameing / structure of the internal chat system.

I am curious if this is going to affect the integration of the mangchat system... I am currently getting the 7494 build and then will go through my usual sourcing to see if I can get everything to merge as usual, if not i will report back here later today about this.

erazare

confirmed: thanks to the new chat changes in the recent commits to Mangos, it is no longer possible to merge

at least, its no longer possible to merge brunogcar's git into the main which worked fine prior to these changes... I will try merging just shinzon's but i doubt highly there will be any change as it occurs to me that the renaming of commands in chat.cpp are the cause of this error

Odd Confirmation:

Shinzon's didnt fail on chat.cpp (it failed on world chat.cpp merged fine) so here is the qurestion... if not mangchat thats messing up.... what could it be? auctionhouse bot?

will try Furt's pull next... if it still fails then I will try pulling auctionhouse into this instead and see if it fails in the same place as Brunos does... at which point perhaps its AHBot that isnt working... of course... they may have fixed their error since bruno's build in which case if it works, i will try pulling bruno's on top of that and see if it clears the issue..

will post another EDIT if no one has replied in between

FINAL EDIT:

It isnt Mangchat in particular.. upon checking to see if there was a new Repo from paradox in his ah thread i found that people attempting to apply his new repo are encountering the EXACT error I receive in Brunogcar's repo... that being the case, it isnt mangchat (at least not yet) that is causing the errors its AHBot... but still... the ultimate cause is those two changes they made in the aforementioned commits.

1st indeed it is paradox ahbot branch merge conflict problem

but common its just 1 line conflict in chat.cpp, and anyone even with 0 cpp skills should be able to easly solve

2nd my branch is kinda more for personal usage, i prepare everything on one server then use github to easly distribute to my other servers

its not meant to be used as mangchat dev branch, so eventual problems shouldnt be posted here

git.exe pull git://github.com/shinzon/mangos.git mangchat
remote: Counting objects: 86, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (53/53), done.
remote: Total 53 (delta 34), reused 0 (delta 0)
Unpacking objects: 100% (53/53), done.
From git://github.com/shinzon/mangos
* branch            mangchat   -> FETCH_HEAD
Renaming src/game/GameEvent.cpp => src/game/GameEventMgr.cpp
Auto-merging src/game/GameEventMgr.cpp
Auto-merging configure.ac
Auto-merging src/game/AuctionHouseHandler.cpp
Auto-merging src/game/Chat.cpp
Auto-merging src/game/Chat.h
Auto-merging src/game/ChatHandler.cpp
Auto-merging src/game/GMTicketHandler.cpp
Auto-merging src/game/Level1.cpp
Auto-merging src/game/Makefile.am
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/game/Makefile.am
Auto-merging src/game/Player.cpp
Auto-merging src/game/World.cpp
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/game/World.cpp
Auto-merging src/game/World.h
Auto-merging src/mangosd/Makefile.am
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/mangosd/Makefile.am
Auto-merging src/shared/Database/DBCStructure.h
Auto-merging src/shared/Database/DBCfmt.cpp
Auto-merging src/shared/Makefile.am
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/shared/Makefile.am
Auto-merging win/VC71/game.vcproj
Auto-merging win/VC80/game.vcproj
Auto-merging win/VC90/game.vcproj
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.

this is the error i get after the following steps:

-getting latest release of mangos(git)

-getting sd2 and patching

-getting and patching mangchat

Edit:

OK, after editing the files in the folders by hand and compiling i receive the following

..\\..\\src\\game\\mangchat\\IRCCmde.cpp(361) : error C2039: 'PlaySoundA' : is not a member of 'Player'
       c:\\_mydata\\mangosgit\\src\\game\\Player.h(857) : see declaration of 'Player'
..\\..\\src\\game\\mangchat\\IRCCmde.cpp(1454) : error C2039: 'PlaySoundA' : is not a member of 'Player'

mangos release : MaNGOS/0.13.0-DEV (* * Revision 7537 - *)

mangchat: release from 03-27-2009 03:20

• 2 weeks later...
that was when cybrax was into poker, he studied the game, math behind it, etc created client and server then started to integrate it into mangchat and got tired of poker so discontinued that idea

problem is that its problematic to check custom channels, as those are not present in in dbc

BTW i created a git branch with MaNGOS + SD2 + Mangchat + AHBOT to the ones with problems merging that

http://github.com/brunogcar/mangos/tree/master

git://github.com/brunogcar/mangos.git

Hey mate,

i've got ur pack working on linux, but it wont open tthe mangchat.conf .... even not when i use:

./mangos-worldd -m ../etc/mangchat.conf

hope u can fix that ??

OK, after editing the files in the folders by hand and compiling i receive the following

..\\..\\src\\game\\mangchat\\IRCCmde.cpp(361) : error C2039: 'PlaySoundA' : is not a member of 'Player'
..\\..\\src\\game\\mangchat\\IRCCmde.cpp(1454) : error C2039: 'PlaySoundA' : is not a member of 'Player'

mangos release : MaNGOS/0.13.0-DEV (* * Revision 7537 - *)

mangchat: release from 03-27-2009 03:20

Hi Shnappie,

The PlaySound member has been modified some time ago,

I made some replacements, this should do the trick :

IRCCmde(361) : plr->PlayDistanceSound(sndid);

IRCCmde(1454) : plr->PlayDistanceSound(3081);

Enjoy ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am still using brunogcar's PULL attached to 7720 clone and i havent found any real reason why an upgrade is need except i have HEARD (not witnessed keep forgetting to check it myself) from my GMs that when " .sysmsg a " is used it displays an error. otherwise everything works perfectly fine...

I am still using brunogcar's PULL attached to 7720 clone and i havent found any real reason why an upgrade is need except i have HEARD (not witnessed keep forgetting to check it myself) from my GMs that when " .sysmsg a " is used it displays an error. otherwise everything works perfectly fine...
how did you do that erezar?

git clone git://github.com/mangos.git

and resets it to 7720

and git pull git://github.com/brunogcar/mangos.git master? or ?

thx :)

Edit: ups sorry found a way to get it to work whit, lol not less that 72 patches + fixes :P if any wanner try it out you´ll find it on git://github.com/gimli/mangos.git and check out patch.list for full list of patches & fixes

how did you do that erezar?

git clone git://github.com/mangos.git

and resets it to 7720

and git pull git://github.com/brunogcar/mangos.git master? or ?

thx :)

Edit: ups sorry found a way to get it to work whit, lol not less that 72 patches + fixes :P if any wanner try it out you´ll find it on git://github.com/gimli/mangos.git and check out patch.list for full list of patches & fixes

how did you compile scriptdev with Gimli's git? the one included doesnt build has 9 errors all of which are missing files. and you cant use a new scriptdev directory to replace it else it has tons of errors in relation to the build. specifically PLAYER.

I would love if someone had a straight updated mangchat git, as I am itching to try and compile 310 for testing with the chat... anyone working on that?

I mean.. if someone knows a basic info on what i would need to edit to put say bruno's git into the 310 build I would happily do that I am learning Vist Studio pretty quick lately, but I could still use some pointers