MangChat

Merging the main mangos over mangchat is how it should be done, should work though. Ill update my branch.

any timeframe expected? everytime i try xeross it gives me those failures and the overall error about wrong version in client

this is the exact error displayed when trying to create a new character (from the mangosd CLI screen ) :

Expansion 2 acct:[135] tried to Create character with expansion 8 class <4>

Session: opcode CMSG_CHAR_CREATE <0x0036> have unprocessed tail data <read stop at 7 from 14>

does that help? Idk if the session info was needed but i thought I better inc it.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey xeross, have a quick question for u... I noticed u updated your repo... It has about 9 errors during compile though I thought I would pass on that when building this solution chat.h isnt properly written and it flaws in the level0 build and elsewhere... ( wish i hadnt deleted the build else i could give u exact error ) but here is how I acquired the code maybe it has something to do with it:

git clone xeross (I am not going to type it all out here)

cd mangos

git checkout origin/mangchat

git -b mangchat

build solution

errors returned state that there are no defines for 9 items in chat.h

(I will more than likely attempt to rebuild this again at some point today, so if I get the error again I will list them fromt he generated HTML file.

I have a question: Mangos lets you build using VisualStudio 2010 but SD2 doesnt have a SLN for VC10... so My question is it still better to build this in vc09 or should I move up to vc2010?

edit:

here is the errored code sections during build:

10>Level1.cpp
10>..\\..\\src\\game\\Level1.cpp(2508) : error C2039: 'HandleIRCpmCommand' : is not a member of 'ChatHandler'
10>        c:\\users\\renee\\rebase\\src\\game\\Chat.h(43) : see declaration of 'ChatHandler'
10>..\\..\\src\\game\\Level1.cpp(2527) : error C2065: 'm_session' : undeclared identifier
10>..\\..\\src\\game\\Level1.cpp(2527) : error C2227: left of '->GetPlayerName' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
10>        type is ''unknown-type''
10>..\\..\\src\\game\\Level1.cpp(2528) : error C2065: 'm_session' : undeclared identifier
10>..\\..\\src\\game\\Level1.cpp(2528) : error C2227: left of '->GetPlayer' must point to class/struct/union/generic type
10>        type is ''unknown-type''
10>Level0.cpp

10>CharacterHandler.cpp
10>..\\..\\src\\game\\Chat.cpp(444) : error C2039: 'HandleReloadNpcOptionCommand' : is not a member of 'ChatHandler'
10>        c:\\users\\renee\\rebase\\src\\game\\Chat.h(43) : see declaration of 'ChatHandler'
10>..\\..\\src\\game\\Chat.cpp(444) : error C2065: 'HandleReloadNpcOptionCommand' : undeclared identifier
10>..\\..\\src\\game\\Chat.cpp(672) : error C2039: 'HandleIRCpmCommand' : is not a member of 'ChatHandler'
10>..\\..\\src\\game\\Chat.cpp(672) : error C2065: 'HandleIRCpmCommand' : undeclared identifier
10>ChannelMgr.cpp

not that anyone seems to be paying attn but..

I may have found the fix to mangchat... I edited a few files and added commands where they were missing, but I am getting the following error right at the very end

12>   Creating library .\\mangosd__Win32_Release\\mangosd.lib and object .\\mangosd__Win32_Release\\mangosd.exp
12>game.lib(Chat.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "protected: bool __thiscall ChatHandler::HandleReloadNpcOptionCommand(char const *)" (?HandleReloadNpcOptionCommand@ChatHandler@@IAE_NPBD@Z) referenced in function "protected: class ChatCommand * __thiscall ChatHandler::getCommandTable(void)" (?getCommandTable@ChatHandler@@IAEPAVChatCommand@@XZ)
12>..\\..\\bin\\Win32_Release\\mangosd.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

anyone have any clues at all what i might have done wrong?

// scratch the above i deleted that project...started over a few times but ultimately the flaw in mangchat current git is as follows:

10>..\\..\\src\\game\\Chat.cpp(444) : error C2039: 'HandleReloadNpcOptionCommand' : is not a member of 'ChatHandler'
10>        c:\\users\\renee\\t2 - copy\\src\\game\\Chat.h(43) : see declaration of 'ChatHandler'
10>..\\..\\src\\game\\Chat.cpp(444) : error C2065: 'HandleReloadNpcOptionCommand' : undeclared identifier
10>..\\..\\src\\game\\Chat.cpp(675) : error C2039: 'HandleIRCpmCommand' : is not a member of 'ChatHandler'
10>        c:\\users\\renee\\t2 - copy\\src\\game\\Chat.h(43) : see declaration of 'ChatHandler'
10>..\\..\\src\\game\\Chat.cpp(675) : error C2065: 'HandleIRCpmCommand' : undeclared identifier

I tried fixing chat.h by editing the named fiels and adding the missing data s it request and I end up with the error in the above section of the message.

just want to let everyone know that after MUCH editing and screwing around.. and a bit of irish luck I have fixed mangchat. I will post it into my git merged with 9043 within next 24hrs

edit:

I just pushed my master git... it has mangchat (My fixed version), ahbot (Naisicum), playerbot (blueboy) , and Vehicles (Valhalla).

I have no idea why it states last recent commit around 8800 area but this git is merged with 9043

git://github.com/3raZar3/TiamaT.git

anyone know how I can push my git so that it shows updated logs?

Sounds cool, Im gonna try it out and see how it works :)

just so you are aware stod, I have two repos. one is tiamat.git (thats my multi-package listed here) but my other repo is mangos.git which is ONLY 9043 and mangchat merged

recommited mangos.git repo so that mangchat is merged with 9070

just so you are aware stod, I have two repos. one is tiamat.git (thats my multi-package listed here) but my other repo is mangos.git which is ONLY 9043 and mangchat merged

recommited mangos.git repo so that mangchat is merged with 9070

Yeah, I found out you have a few rep's there..

I grabbed git://github.com/3raZar3/Tiamat-Mangchat.git now and gonna see if I can get that working with my realms :)

EDIT: Got as far as adding SD2..

error: patch failed: configure.ac:276

error: configure.ac: patch does not apply

error: patch failed: src/bindings/.gitignore:11

error: src/bindings/.gitignore: patch does not apply

error: patch failed: src/mangosd/Makefile.am:34

error: src/mangosd/Makefile.am: patch does not apply

:(

Gonna see if I can work around it.

EDIT2:

Yeah, I just manually edited the files to include the scriptdev2

Compiling now.. *Keeeping Fingers Crossed* :D

Okay..

Now I got my act together and figured out the right way was to make a patch file of your changes vs the mangos master..

This is done, doing the following

git clone git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

cd mangos

git checkout -b mangchat

git pull git://github.com/3raZar3/mangos.git

git diff -p master mangchat > mangchat.patch

Then you have a patch file you can commit to your mangos source with sd2's patchfile already patched :)

That worked for me :)

Atleast, it compiled okay, now to test mangchat and sd2 ingame..

Okay..

Now I got my act together and figured out the right way was to make a patch file of your changes vs the mangos master..

This is done, doing the following

git clone git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

cd mangos

git checkout -b mangchat

git pull git://github.com/3raZar3/mangos.git

git diff -p master mangchat > mangchat.patch

Then you have a patch file you can commit to your mangos source with sd2's patchfile already patched :)

That worked for me :)

Atleast, it compiled okay, now to test mangchat and sd2 ingame..

thank you very much Stoddard... the Tiamat.git is not working correctly and may not be the best way to go for now... but thank you for the way to do that patch file it might help in fixing tiamat

I have one small question, how do you apply the resulting patch file in windows?

thank you very much Stoddard... the Tiamat.git is not working correctly and may not be the best way to go for now... but thank you for the way to do that patch file it might help in fixing tiamat

I have one small question, how do you apply the resulting patch file in windows?

Ahh, so witch branch should I use instead?

and about patch to windows, I have no clue.. But I wanna bet 10$ it has something to do with right-clicking :D

Ahh, so witch branch should I use instead?

and about patch to windows, I have no clue.. But I wanna bet 10$ it has something to do with right-clicking :D

lol no its simply : git apply <patchname>

anyway I am in the progress of creating a NEW tiamat repo... once I get it all situated (due to errors in the vehicle patch from Tasssadar I have been fighting all day uselessly to put this together not realizing that although the vehicle pull merges clean in git it actually corrupts the pet and spell cpp files)

Now that i have found the root of the problem I am hoping to recommit my tiamat branch within the next 24hrs which will feature not only mangchat fused into the latest Mangos, but also the latest playerbot from blueboy, the latest ahbot from Naicisum and the latest vehicles from Tasssadar (although edited to actually compile by yours truly). When i make that commit I am going to remove all my repos except the mangos.git repo as that is just mangchat and 9070. so watch the tiamat.git for changes soon

Are you actually pulling my version of mangchat or the old one, because I modified a few things. Oh yes and people might also want my auto announcer.

no i contacted you a while back about your repo not working correctly with 9043 I believe, so I rewrote some things and made it mesh into 9043 then pushed the repo at 3raZar3/mangos.git

later on I re-merged it with 9070 and pushed it and at the same time I pushed an equally functional branch to my 330-branch.

the tiamat build mentioned above has been completed and is currently being installed on our main server, this will be pushed to repo within 24hrs provided it can handle 24hrs running with users (which is never usually a problem for the repos we push to the real server)

so for now if you want a very functional working repo for 9070+ with mangchat just use my master repo:

github.com/3raZar3/mangos.git master

I am a bit lost atm...

Is "git://github.com/xeross/mangos.git" the latest version from Xeross now or are there new ways ?

Since after i got the release from there and solved the compile errors i am not able to create new characters.

Or did erazare take over from xeross ?

thx for your answers

I basically just modified the original MangChat and updated it once in a while. I'll compare my repository with the main mangos repo to see if I can fix the character problem.

Update: I've updated my repository character creation should work again.

Update2: Oh shi-, I removed and recreated the repository without thinking about the complication for the people that pull from it. Well at least it's clean. Sorry for any inconveniences.

• 2 weeks later...
there *is* a repo of MangChat for 3.30 [9171] on my git... however it may still be a bit buggylet me know if it gives you any trouble

You redefined twice

src\\game\\ObjectMgr.h(932) : error C2086: 'QuestPOIMap ObjectMgr::mQuestPOIMap' : redefinition

and

..\\..\\src\\game\\Group.cpp(901) : error C2039: 'totalDisenchant' : is not a member of 'Roll'

and

..\\..\\src\\game\\ChatHandler.cpp(71) : error C2065: 'MAX_CHAT_MSG_TYPE' : undeclared identifier

redefined more

..\\..\\src\\game\\CharacterHandler.cpp(53) : error C2011: 'CinematicsSkipMode' : 'enum' type redefinition

that's all the compile error.

You redefined twice

src\\game\\ObjectMgr.h(932) : error C2086: 'QuestPOIMap ObjectMgr::mQuestPOIMap' : redefinition

and

..\\..\\src\\game\\Group.cpp(901) : error C2039: 'totalDisenchant' : is not a member of 'Roll'

and

..\\..\\src\\game\\ChatHandler.cpp(71) : error C2065: 'MAX_CHAT_MSG_TYPE' : undeclared identifier

redefined more

..\\..\\src\\game\\CharacterHandler.cpp(53) : error C2011: 'CinematicsSkipMode' : 'enum' type redefinition

that's all the compile error.

yep ran into it.. tried to rebase it again no good... tried rebasing xeross's repo and it wont compile either... for now I am going to take a break and just assume that mangchat is broken...

xeross if you can find a way to merge your repo with 9173+ let us know...

I refined this patch and successfully ran it against mangos rev 9178. http://pastebin.com/f4f44efc3

The thing I'd changed are

std::string pinfo2 = "\\x2 Race:\\x2\\x3\\x31\\x30 " + (std::string)prace->name[sWorld.GetDefaultDbcLocale()] + "\\xF |\\x2 Class:\\x2\\x3\\x31\\x30 " + (std::string)pclass->name[sWorld.GetDefaultDbcLocale()] + "\\xF |\\x2 Level:\\x2\\x3\\x31\\x30 " + plevel + "\\xF |\\x2 Money:\\x2 " + tempgold + "\\xF |\\x2 Guild Info:\\x2\\x3\\x31\\x30 "+guildinfo+"\\xF |\\x2 Status:\\x2 " + ponline;

to

std::string pinfo2 = "\\x2 Race:\\x2\\x3\\x31\\x30 " + praceid + "\\xF |\\x2 Class:\\x2\\x3\\x31\\x30 " + pclassid+ "\\xF |\\x2 Level:\\x2\\x3\\x31\\x30 " + plevel + "\\xF |\\x2 Money:\\x2 " + tempgold + "\\xF |\\x2 Guild Info:\\x2\\x3\\x31\\x30 "+guildinfo+"\\xF |\\x2 Status:\\x2 " + ponline;

to make it compile and work correctly. Please someone fix the variables.