MangChat

I refined this patch and successfully ran it against mangos rev 9178. http://pastebin.com/f4f44efc3

The thing I'd changed are

std::string pinfo2 = "\\x2 Race:\\x2\\x3\\x31\\x30 " + (std::string)prace->name[sWorld.GetDefaultDbcLocale()] + "\\xF |\\x2 Class:\\x2\\x3\\x31\\x30 " + (std::string)pclass->name[sWorld.GetDefaultDbcLocale()] + "\\xF |\\x2 Level:\\x2\\x3\\x31\\x30 " + plevel + "\\xF |\\x2 Money:\\x2 " + tempgold + "\\xF |\\x2 Guild Info:\\x2\\x3\\x31\\x30 "+guildinfo+"\\xF |\\x2 Status:\\x2 " + ponline;

to

std::string pinfo2 = "\\x2 Race:\\x2\\x3\\x31\\x30 " + praceid + "\\xF |\\x2 Class:\\x2\\x3\\x31\\x30 " + pclassid+ "\\xF |\\x2 Level:\\x2\\x3\\x31\\x30 " + plevel + "\\xF |\\x2 Money:\\x2 " + tempgold + "\\xF |\\x2 Guild Info:\\x2\\x3\\x31\\x30 "+guildinfo+"\\xF |\\x2 Status:\\x2 " + ponline;

to make it compile and work correctly. Please someone fix the variables.

so wait... this will fix the mangchat? to compile with 9178?? I am not going to even ask how you figured this out i have been bashing my head against it for a couple days now.

does this fix my repo or Xeross's?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just pulled your mangchat repo into mangos 9178 and see the git diff. I filtered out a few redefined declarations and few unnecessary diff. I don't know much c++ but I wish I can learn from this. Few defines bothered my such as

/src/game/AccountMgr.h

-#ifndef _ACCMGR_H
-#define _ACCMGR_H
+#ifndef _sAccountMgr_H
+#define _sAccountMgr_H

It just look suspicious. I just left as it is. I don't even know what it means lol.

I tested the patch works fine so far. entering/leaving channel announcement works, chat irc<->world works, levelup works. but the level prefix for characters doesn't work and I think it's an old bug. I am always getting [bugTracker] which is for level 3 gm even I am a level 5 gm which supposed to get [sysOP] prefix.

The patch will fix your mangchat repo.

I just pulled your mangchat repo into mangos 9178 and see the git diff. I filtered out a few redefined declarations and few unnecessary diff. I don't know much c++ but I wish I can learn from this. Few defines bothered my such as

/src/game/AccountMgr.h

-#ifndef _ACCMGR_H
-#define _ACCMGR_H
+#ifndef _sAccountMgr_H
+#define _sAccountMgr_H

It just look suspicious. I just left as it is. I don't even know what it means lol.

I tested the patch works fine so far. entering/leaving channel announcement works, chat irc<->world works, levelup works. but the level prefix for characters doesn't work and I think it's an old bug. I am always getting [bugTracker] which is for level 3 gm even I am a level 5 gm which supposed to get [sysOP] prefix.

The patch will fix your mangchat repo.

hmm I am having alot of trouble applying the patch... it keeps failing at line 92

hmm I am having alot of trouble applying the patch... it keeps failing at line 92

ok so what do i do to use this patch?

git clone mangos master repo

git checkout c62c2f

git pull git://github.com/3raZar3/MangChat.git mangchat

git apply mangchat.patch

???

bc that doesnt work.

rebase your repo into mangos 9178

git apply mangchat.patch

git commit into your repo

Your existing mangchat repo already messed up. You need to rebase and apply the patch I made, and I think you need to review it first because I am not a good coder.

i know my repo is shot, but i followed your steps and that patch wouldnt apply... so i hunted through it to find the edit you quoted earlier, located the properfile and then manually edited that file.. am going to try and build, if it succeeds i will push the repo

idk... are you on a windows machine or linux? I am running windows and err... try as i might, this patch just refuses at line 92... i deleted the sql files in the 330 dir and it still fails

I am on windows 7. I patch it against clean mangos repo 9178 and works fine here.

how are you applying? git apply mangchat.patch

or a different method?

what are you using for git? I am using 1.6.5

I am just going to pass on this I cant seem to figure out how to do it (should prolly put the bong away)

maybe Xeross can implement it... if you know how to push to a git I will happily add you as a developer on the branch there if you like (at the 3raZar3/MangChat repo)

yeah actually after i wrote that last post i noticed in my dashboard that you forked my repo so i followed that back to your repo of mangchat and pulled it. I am buildtesting it now and then I am going to push it to my repo with credits to you for fixing it

I am not positive how to add you to that branch as dsev, but tomorrow when I am not quite as stoned I will work it out and promote you :)

Don't quit on mangchat. I already move back from mangos->trinity->mangos because of a lot changes on core codes for trinichat and I can't follow it anymore. I can't live without mangchat.lol..I wish tickets management (view/reply/delete) will be added to mangchat soon.

you know when i was looking for help in Shinzon's wiki (yeah i was desperate) i saw something in there about the ticket thing already implemented but it might take some digging through the wiki to find the commands.

there is no command for tickets. only tickets creation/delete announcement was implemented. You can see all commands here src/game/mangchat/IRCCmd.cpp