MangChat

keep in mind that somewhere around 10107 mangchat breaks again... its not a big break, basically it can be fixed but what will happen at this time is that the ability to level up/down a char from the chatroom console will be removed... if no one has a problem with that i will push another patch..

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant really blame him... darkiCE has good devs that actually produce thier own work rather than just steal everyone else's and name it their own.. he is prolly mad because now e is going to have to edit all the mangchat files to say HE wrote it instead of us..

First, Thank You For Your Work HSC

I am having issues applying the patch ( Centos ) I get this error

fatal: git-apply: bad git-diff - expected /dev/null on line 18

any idea's what i could be doing wrong? i downloaded the file from pastbin and renamed it to mangchat.patch, use git apply manchchat.patch

my pleasure, happy to help... i just dont get a lot of time to make patches for new revisions.. and as you see all the darkice comments in there (whic do not appear during gameplay its only server side) I am generally very busy with project darkiCE and have little time to come do stuff elsewhere.

First, Thank You For Your Work HSC

I am having issues applying the patch ( Centos ) I get this error

fatal: git-apply: bad git-diff - expected /dev/null on line 18

any idea's what i could be doing wrong? i downloaded the file from pastbin and renamed it to mangchat.patch, use git apply manchchat.patch

Are you using git apply?

you should really be using patch -p1 < mangchat.patch

as git apply sometimes comes up with the error you encountered

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

https://gist.github.com/1003422

Readme:

Apply sql/custom/mangos_irc.sql

Copy and configure mangchat.conf

Changes:

Sql tables renamed to lowercase format

Authors:

Cybrax <[email protected]>

|Death| <[email protected]>,

Lice <[email protected]>

Dj_baby

Sanaell

Tase

Shinzon <[email protected]>

Xeross

3raZar3

the orangevirus team <www.orangevir.us>

Todolist:

Cleanup

Rewrite

Compiled under win32 VS2008 with VC90.

Not tested ingame ;) again but should work ;)

If you want a clean mangos with this patch here up to date go here. For a clean patch you can diff it against my master branch it has the same rev. as my patched branch or take the gist.

Up to date for current rev. 117xx

• 2 weeks later...
https://gist.github.com/1003422

Readme:

Apply sql/custom/mangos_irc.sql

Copy and configure mangchat.conf

Changes:

Sql tables renamed to lowercase format

Todolist:

Cleanup

Rewrite

Compiled under win32 VS2008 with VC90.

Up to date for current rev. 116xx

Amazing Darkknight, it truly is an honor and pleasure to see my creation has not been a waste, great to see this is still used today.

As i am writing this i'm glancing over the patch and besides some adding of functionality and updates to newer versions, it is still pretty much exact how i made it and the last modifications death and i applied.

Besides 3raZar3 and the orangevirus team <www.orangevir.us>, the other names are indeed the people i worked with,i am just curious what did these people do?

I thank them for keeping it alive, that goes for the many who have applied updates and fixes as mangos progressed, curiosity drives me to why these stand out :).

Never the less i say it again, it pleases me this experiment of mine grew out to something useful.

One thing that kind of is disappointing me is the for some reason removed buff bot.

the command would root a player, spawned an elemental that casted the spells power word intellect etc would say bla bla good luck and un rooted the player then de spawned.

For me that was one of the coolest functions i made while trying to learn the mangos core lol.

Always wished death would have used arrays for the settings instead of all those variables but i was not available and by the time i saw it it was a s***load, it worked so don't fix something that's working.

Anyways BIG thumbs up for everybody that has or is still contributing to this project, thank you.

Cybrax,

Original Author and creator of MangChat.

P.S. Death if you still hang around here hook me up [email protected]

P.S.2 Bruno sorry dude i been doing shit the dns crap i totally forgot, hookme up too.

Amazing Darkknight, it truly is an honor and pleasure to see my creation has not been a waste, great to see this is still used today.

Thank you for this real nice idea, i just searched through different repos to get the last known version which is working and also i applied some codestyle things so far but nothing big...

As i am writing this i'm glancing over the patch and besides some adding of functionality and updates to newer versions, it is still pretty much exact how i made it and the last modifications death and i applied.

I don't have the time to work on it at my own :) so i like seeing you back here :)

Besides 3raZar3 and the orangevirus team <www.orangevir.us>, the other names are indeed the people i worked with,i am just curious what did these people do?

I also cannot answer this question cause i just scanned the sourcecode for authors which where mentioned to post them here :)

I thank them for keeping it alive, that goes for the many who have applied updates and fixes as mangos progressed, curiosity drives me to why these stand out :).

That would be too much, merge fixxes are just small things and no big deal so i think the authors who did bigger jumps or new features should be mentioned here :)

• 4 months later...

i cannot speak for orangevirus however 3raZar3 was responsible for harassing the other devs to help him revive your project as well as doing several code edits along the way to keep it functional cybrax of course you and death were always given top props for the original idea and implementation. if you scan back into the 2008 area mangchat had completely lost all support with the coming of 3.01 and if it wasnt for 3raZar3 and Shinzon the code would have been gone completely by now.

• 2 months later...

Well, bless my bytes! If it ain't LordPsyan, back home at last! Welcome back and I hope you'll enjoy things around here more, Psyan. :)

Thanks for resuming support of your baby, MangChat. Further development pretty much died off after xeross disappeared. I had always hoped MangChat would evolve into a full chat client that can directly connect to a server, maybe even have an Android app version.

Look forward to what new ideas and features you have planned and hope you can lend a hand in other places, too. ;)