MangChat

Thank you. I just merged mangchat with mangos 9183 there.

btw erazare, do you like to keep mangos patchable against both mangos core and Valhalla or mangos only? I use Valhalla+mangchat on my server, but still patching mangchat against mangos core to keep it clean.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I patch it against mangos on that branch, when building tiamat I usually try basing with valhalla first but if it wont compile to my taste I use mangos first.

the tiamat repo is very much up in the air until we get the playerbot issue cleared up. as of now thanks to your contributions you CAN build playerbot,vehicles,mangchat,and ahbot into 9183, however playerbot is rather damaged as mentioned in that thread in core modifications.

MangChat 1.7.9 merged into Mangos 9191. Now with GM ticket function for list/read/respond/delete tickets. respond function doesn't work properly btw. Please help me to correct the code. You can see the changelog here http://github.com/3raZar3/MangChat/commit/dfbb2bf3fd830ea744eb04d9a06084116067146b

Change majorly at the bottom of src/game/mangchat/IRCCmde.cpp and I fix the indentation a lot. Please report/suggest any bug. Thanks

p/s Anybody know how to change indentation in VC2008 express to use spacebar instead of tab spacing?

Hey erazare,

Thanks again for keeping mangchat alive, but I have a problem, I just build mangos 9226 with SD2 and Mangchat, however, people ingame cant see what people on irc are typing.. Tho, people on realm1 can see what people on realm2 are typing, via irc.. O_o

I looked over the code and cant seem to find any bugs.. but Im no coder..

yeah xeross is the branch you should watch.. i have dropped mangos support for now

you know.. I am starting to see why people branch away from mangos... like trinity and now evo... i wont say any names.. but there are some very disrespectful people devving here

Hmm haven't noticed anything, people here have been very helpful and supportive. And they might sometimes close a thread because it's an obvious question but I'd do the same.

well not to get into politics or anything .. i understand closing a thread, but without giving the poster some kind of useful information...even if it isnt directly supported by the core; and THEN closing the thread is pointless... personally I think they should Delete the threads... i mean if they arent going to answer the question it'd make much mroe sense to remove it otherwise when ppl SEARCH for the same subject matter because of something they are having trouble with they wont run into 30 someodd threads that are all closed and unanswered.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

im still using mangchat whit lastest rev.

but i was wondering if anyone would know how to make

Current rev. whit mangchat implemted

const char ChrClassesEntryfmt[]="nxixssssssssssssssssxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxixii";
const char ChrRacesEntryfmt[]="nxixiixixxxxixssssssssssssssssxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxi";

Branch 400. whitout mangchat

const char ChrClassesEntryfmt[]="nixsxxxixiixxx";
const char ChrRacesEntryfmt[]="nxixiixixxxxixsxxxxxix";

Im abit unsure on how to fix this, and i know 400 is still very much development i cant expect much help until (or after ;) ) but i would be very glad if anyone had some sort of idea for this..

Regards Nickless

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have one, however you will more than likely want to edit the displays since i changed all the output code to reflect our server name rather than the standards (such as MangChat has started >> DarkIce Chat has started) will push a patch on pastebin shortly

• 2 weeks later...

With kind permission, here's that MangChat patch y'all might have been waiting for... http://pastebin.com/3tMG7kRM

It's built off of MaNGOS rev. 10091. As stated above, you will need to edit the lines that refer to the custom core for which this was made.

Maybe having a configuration entry that would allow an administrator to choose the server name or leave it at the default "MangChat", rather than having to hand-edit code?

Either way, thank you to HSC_Dev3, xeross, and many others that have built and maintained this code. HUZZAH! :)

yeah well see i figure for the most part its one or two files to search and replace thorough and for the most part the code doesnt advertise darkiCE to the end user, just the administrator of the server is reminded where they got their code... i think thats important.. people should be reminded where they got their code.. if they dont like it it might inspire them to learn to code for themselves and then everyone prospers

Absolutely.

I don't think it should even be implied that all reference to the creators should be removed. That's why I referred potential users of the patch to your earlier statements. At the very least, the commented sections that list authorship should be left alone, if there's no AUTHORS file provided for inclusion into the core. Of course, that info could be moved to such a file if the user feels it's desirable to have cleaner code for maintenance and merging.

That's the hazards of open source. People can edit the code any way they please, so long as they comply with the license MaNGOS follows as well as whatever license(s) the author(s) use. Just do the right thing and give credit where credit is due, regardless.