MangChat

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

darky an shot explanation of Mangchat is an integrated IRC client for MaNGOS, irclient inside mangos to be able to have simple chat between wow and irc and connecting the channels of multiple mangos and irc servers in one network having "cross-server chat" and also the possibility to execute simple gm commands

@xeross155 or anyone maintaining mangchat branch

with [8789] Rename several singleton macros to use more consistent names

IRCCmd.cpp and IRCCmde.cpp need to be updated: objmgr -> sObjectMgr

darky an shot explanation of Mangchat is an integrated IRC client for MaNGOS, irclient inside mangos to be able to have simple chat between wow and irc and connecting the channels of multiple mangos and irc servers in one network having "cross-server chat" and also the possibility to execute simple gm commands

To make compile in to the latest you also need to change

IRCCmd.cpp and IRCCmde.cpp needs: accmgr -> sAccountMgr

Please make Diff patch for 3.2.2.

my mistakes

..\\..\\src\\game\\mangchat\\IRCCmde.cpp(1436) : error C2664: 'ACE_Based::Thread::Thread(ACE_Based::Runnable *)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'mcs_OnlinePlayers' to 'ACE_Based::Runnable *'

No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform this conversion, or the operator cannot be called

..\\..\\src\\mangosd\\Master.cpp(221) : error C2065: 'sIRC' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\mangosd\\Master.cpp(221) : error C2228: left of '.LoadConfig' must have class/struct/union

type is ''unknown-type''

..\\..\\src\\mangosd\\Master.cpp(221) : error C2065: 'sIRC' : undeclared identifier

..\\..\\src\\mangosd\\Master.cpp(221) : error C2228: left of '.CfgFile' must have class/struct/union

type is ''unknown-type''

..\\..\\src\\mangosd\\Master.cpp(300) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'IRCClient'

• 3 weeks later...

I use * NIX server. Do I need an IRC server on the server?

And, Then I can read the chat on a client without connecting to the irc server?

Att DarkTerror

ofc it does, Mangchat is an integrated IRC client for MaNGOS, i didnt say it was server

client needs to connect to some server, then ppl on irc and on wow will be able to chat

u can use freenode, etc if u dont want to install own irc server

at least check mangchat.conf and u will have a better idea of its features

hey :)

I was wondering if any of you guys know why mangchat screws up characters creation, well i think its the "char = name[16]" in src/game/DBCStructure.h causing this error, but as i said im not sure. and i recall this error from some of the old updates before Xeross toke over the project.

struct ChrClassesEntry
{
   uint32  ClassID;                                        // 0
                                                           // 1, unused
   uint32  powerType;                                      // 2
                                                           // 3-4, unused
   char*       name[16];                                   // 5-20 unused
                                                           // 21 string flag, unused
   //char*       nameFemale[16];                           // 21-36 unused, if different from base (male) case
                                                           // 37 string flag, unused
   //char*       nameNeutralGender[16];                    // 38-53 unused, if different from base (male) case
                                                           // 54 string flag, unused
                                                           // 55, unused
   uint32  spellfamily;                                    // 56
                                                           // 57, unused
   uint32  CinematicSequence;                              // 58 id from CinematicSequences.dbc
   uint32  expansion;                                      // 59 (0 - original race, 1 - tbc addon, ...)
};

Anyway thx. :)

OnkelA

ok I changed the way I was cloning / pulling and I got around the error I was getting... however I am still having some trouble merging the two (different errors each way i try to do it) has anyone merged these recently?

ok its a world.cpp and auctionhousehandler.cpp that is screwing up but I found the flaw, you just have to edit those files and put the ahbot includes before the mangchat ones and it commits fine

ok after many successive retries on building the server with mangchat and other addons I am stumped

when I attempt to merge the current release with mangchat it changes char creation somehow causing the server to report that account X is attempting to create a character (say a night elf rogue) but that the account is expansion level 2 and the char that is trying to be made requires expansion level 7 or 8 (its 7 if only mangchat installed, 8 if ahbot and mangchat)

anyone have a clue as to why?

when you attempt to merge it gives a content error in chat.cpp and chat.h

Chat.cpp

@@@ -664,11 -665,12 +665,16 @@@ ChatCommand * ChatHandler::getCommandTa
         { "damage",         SEC_ADMINISTRATOR,  false, &ChatHandler::HandleDamageCommand,              "", NULL },
         { "combatstop",     SEC_GAMEMASTER,     false, &ChatHandler::HandleCombatStopCommand,          "", NULL },
         { "flusharenapoints",SEC_ADMINISTRATOR, false, &ChatHandler::HandleFlushArenaPointsCommand,    "", NULL },
         { "repairitems",    SEC_GAMEMASTER,     true,  &ChatHandler::HandleRepairitemsCommand,         "", NULL },
         { "waterwalk",      SEC_GAMEMASTER,     false, &ChatHandler::HandleWaterwalkCommand,           "", NULL },
 <<<<<<< HEAD
+        { "ircpm",          SEC_PLAYER,         false, &ChatHandler::HandleIRCpmCommand,               "", NULL },
 =======
+         { "quit",           SEC_CONSOLE,        true,  &ChatHandler::HandleQuitCommand,                "", NULL },
+ 
 >>>>>>> 64b8cc29293469838e3ffe3df252b61e15eac335
         { NULL,             0,                  false, NULL,                                           "", NULL }
     };

if(load_command_table)
     {

Chat.h

@@@ -495,11 -496,11 +496,15 @@@ class ChatHandle
         bool HandleComeToMeCommand(const char *args);
         bool HandleCombatStopCommand(const char *args);
         bool HandleFlushArenaPointsCommand(const char *args);
         bool HandleRepairitemsCommand(const char* args);
         bool HandleWaterwalkCommand(const char* args);
 <<<<<<< HEAD
+        bool HandleIRCpmCommand(const char* args);
 =======
+         bool HandleQuitCommand(const char* args);
 >>>>>>> 64b8cc29293469838e3ffe3df252b61e15eac335

//! Development Commands
         bool HandleSaveAllCommand(const char* args);

Player*   getSelectedPlayer();

to get them to merge I have been moving the " bool HandleQuitCommand(const char* args); " above the " bool HandleIRCpmCommand(const char* args); " and then the solution merges but I still get the error as mentioned above... anyone have any thoughs>?

oh you can do that?

well shit I will try it that way then... because reversing thier position apparently doesnt work... do those code hunks look like they could possibly cause the errors I am getting?

I am not per se a n00b, but I am still learning C++ stuff

ok I did as you said Darkstalker and I am about to try to build once again... this time i added the dbcfmt file that brunogcar suggested above... hope this fixes it will edit this post to let you know if no one replies by then

hmm now it is compiling a new error

DBCStores.cpp

..\\..\\src\\game\\DBCStores.cpp(132) : error C2065: 'SummonPropertiesfmt' : undeclared identifier

is there a suggested download format for mangchat? I mean such as:

git clone git://github.com/xeross/mangos.git 322a

cd 322a

git checkout origin/mangchat

git checkout -b mangchat

git pull git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git master

? or should I clone mangos first then pull xeross over it?

just for the record I took an exact duplicate of the above system but did NOT add the dbcfmt file from bruno and it compiled... not sure if it will run correct.. will report in

git merge conflict algo is way better than svn, making it way less painful to update or mantain a branch or local repo

but in cases like mangchat and ahbot modifying exactly same lines on files, u will get conflicts, thats expected, but its really easy in vast majority of cases to simply edit file and fix it, u dont need any cpp skills to solve that kind of problem, simply ability to read and understand what conflicted

now we get to the point that ppl is expected to at least read and understand basic git functionalities

after editing files u must let git know of what u did, otherwise it will compare files from last hash to newest one that u are trying to checkout

simply execute

git add .

git commit -m 'description of what u did'

bruno ... not to look like an idiot or anything... but i have never done any schooling for C, i just sorta pick up as i go along... let me know if I got this straight:

1. clone git

2. pull git

3. open files that dont merge in an editor such as Notepad++

4. git add <edited files>

5. git commit -m

and it should work?

i know how to add and commit I have been able to make the merge (after doing such) but then after the source is built it has the error mentioned above... thats why I am thinking that it isnt so much an error in the merge as it is that the code has just changed in a way that makes it no longer compatible... of course thats only a guess... I am really not too knowlegable in this stuff.. but i keep trying and I have learned a LOT since getting into this . xEROSS after you update your branch, is there any possible way you can post the changes you made or show it in your commit log so I can get a grasp on what i was doing wrong?