MangChat

Onkela I just did the following and it worked peachy

git clone git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

cd mangos

git pull git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git 310

git pull git://github.com/Gigelf/mangos.git auctionhouse

git pull git://github.com/Gigelf/mangos.git mangchat

it all merged and compiled fine about an hour ago...

now, maybe its a linux problem i did this all on Windows 7 compiled with VisualStudio 2008 Professional

Ruaflo -

Does your new branch by any chance fix the error that gets displayed during game when it uses the Announce ( .sysmsg a <text> ) feature? Thats the only flaw i have been seeing in mangchat and it has been doing it for quite some time now.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ruaflo -

Does your new branch by any chance fix the error that gets displayed during game when it uses the Announce ( .sysmsg a <text> ) feature? Thats the only flaw i have been seeing in mangchat and it has been doing it for quite some time now.

I have no problem with .sysmsg a <text>. Just tried again, and announce message appears.

I also just tried .sysmsg n <text> and works too.

Do you type it correctly?

U must not forget to type the "a" or "n" between command and text.

Onkela I just did the following and it worked peachy

Ruaflo -

@Erazare - Did you get my private message a few days ago and friendship request? That explains everything that you typed above.

ok i think maybe thats not the command I am seeing a problem with I am sorry... you know when you do a .sysmsg ADD <message> ?

whenever it comes into rotation I see an error message in the ingame text box

I do know what's causing that though. Will fix it today.

ok i think maybe thats not the command I am seeing a problem with I am sorry... you know when you do a .sysmsg ADD <message> ?

whenever it comes into rotation I see an error message in the ingame text box

Ok, fixed that and committed it.

no i didnt i will check that now, i often overlook that section...

I just ran int tohe oddest error in compile and cant for the life of me see anything wrong with it... i tried to fix the problem myself and am recompiling but if it fails again (which it should as I really only guessed the fix) I will try yours next.

the compile error just in case you are curious is

IRCCmde.cpp

..\\..\\src\\game\\mangchat\\IRCCmde.cpp(633) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'I64FMTD'

..\\..\\src\\game\\mangchat\\IRCCmde.cpp(633) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'

..\\..\\src\\game\\mangchat\\IRCCmde.cpp(1421) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'I64FMTD'

..\\..\\src\\game\\mangchat\\IRCCmde.cpp(1421) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'

when i went into the code i couldnt find any missing ' ) ' however i noticed that the mentioned identifier was written:

" 'I64FMT' " or something to that extent (i forget atm ) and i took the quotes out and am trying to recompile... I know that in SQL " can cause errors and thats the only thing i could see that might be out of place... its prolly not that but god knows what it is if it isnt..

no i didnt i will check that now, i often overlook that section...

I just ran int tohe oddest error in compile and cant for the life of me see anything wrong with it... i tried to fix the problem myself and am recompiling but if it fails again (which it should as I really only guessed the fix) I will try yours next.

the compile error just in case you are curious is

IRCCmde.cpp

..\\..\\src\\game\\mangchat\\IRCCmde.cpp(633) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'I64FMTD'

..\\..\\src\\game\\mangchat\\IRCCmde.cpp(633) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'

..\\..\\src\\game\\mangchat\\IRCCmde.cpp(1421) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier 'I64FMTD'

..\\..\\src\\game\\mangchat\\IRCCmde.cpp(1421) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'

when i went into the code i couldnt find any missing ' ) ' however i noticed that the mentioned identifier was written:

" 'I64FMT' " or something to that extent (i forget atm ) and i took the quotes out and am trying to recompile... I know that in SQL " can cause errors and thats the only thing i could see that might be out of place... its prolly not that but god knows what it is if it isnt..

Change the I64FMTD to UI64FMTD. It took me a while to figure that one out.

Do you want me to add you to my repository as a collaborator?

Change the I64FMTD to UI64FMTD. It took me a while to figure that one out.

Do you want me to add you to my repository as a collaborator?

sure i suppose.. i mean i guess i have been in this thread long enough LMAO... I added you as requested and left you my email and AIM contact as well.. I have ICQ, MSN, and YAHOO but dont usually run them if you want send me one of those and i will fire it up to add

I am just going to merge your repository in... i am letting this current one build to see what happens but yeah

BTW just for the record.. i know this isnt an important thing since no one is supposed to be trying to hard with 3.1.x but i would like to point out in case you are interested, that Gigelf's Mangchat will merge during the gir process with the latest 310 build while rueflos will not.. ruf, yours seems to have a conflict in world... I am not sure wehre I am not running the normal git that has the git-UI interface I am running the FULL version (that apparently isnt full because it doesnt have the GUI option... ) that said, i am not sure how to track down the merge failure... if you know the command please post

BTW just for the record.. i know this isnt an important thing since no one is supposed to be trying to hard with 3.1.x but i would like to point out in case you are interested, that Gigelf's Mangchat will merge during the gir process with the latest 310 build while rueflos will not.. ruf, yours seems to have a conflict in world... I am not sure wehre I am not running the normal git that has the git-UI interface I am running the FULL version (that apparently isnt full because it doesnt have the GUI option... ) that said, i am not sure how to track down the merge failure... if you know the command please post

I sent you an email with my MSN contact. Can you contact me?

I just wanted to clearly let everyone know that the latest rev of MangChat as poer the SHINZON GIT successfully merges and compiles with the new 0.14.0 revision of mangos for 3.1.3 been dev testing it for the past week or so via the 310 branch and it works flawlesssly*

( * denotes that there is STILL a but in .sysmsg ADD <message> )

one note, for those who wish to merge AHBOT with the shinzon mangchat, you will encounter a merge error, dont worry, just open the affected file ( World.cpp ) and place the line " #include "mangchat/IRCClient.h" " BEFORE the line " #include "AuctionHouseBot.h"" then delete the line entries " <<<<<<< HEAD:src/game/World.cpp " , " ======= " , AND " >>>>>>> 9ac68c2253098d1b29cf97f5fac033c1d9587793:src/game/World.cpp "

save the file, then in git : git add src/game/world.cpp

then : git commit -m " master "

and you are good to go.

hey guys :)

is there anyway to get all the gmlvls to work in the irc-channel so all gm´s are announced correct when joining ingame channel?

EDIT:

found my way.. just wanted to share it whit you guys..

just make src/shared/Common.h looks like this and staff is announce correct..

enum AccountTypes

{

SEC_PLAYER = 0,

SEC_VIP = 1,

SEC_MODERATOR = 2,

SEC_GAMEMASTER = 3,

SEC_ADMINISTRATOR = 4,

SEC_SYSOP = 5,

SEC_CONSOLE = 6 // must be always last in list, accounts must have less security level always also

};

ooh and for magchat to look for conf file in sysconfdir make src/game/mangchat/IRCConf.h

do this.

#if PLATFORM == PLATFORM_WINDOWS

#define _MangChat_CONFIG SYSCONFDIR"mangchat.conf"

#else

#define _MangChat_CONFIG SYSCONFDIR"mangchat.conf"

#endif

#endif

Hi !

I think i found a little problem ... :

When i use irc.active=0 option (i know it's stupid to use it but just for testing purpose), proc is stuck at 100%.

I think i found the location of the problem but don't really know what to do to correct it (in IRCClient.cpp l. 98) :

while(!World::m_stopEvent){};

I think the loop is the cause of the problem.

Any help will be welcome ^_^ (if this problem is confirmed)

Cheers !

• 3 weeks later...

for people that are still using this or have used this

send your comments about mangchat to [email protected]

love to hear about your experiences with it

Thanks.

Greetings Cybrax Original author of Mangchat.

OBS: cybrax used my acc to post this cos he aparently doesnt have mangos forum acc anymore, and he double posted, so please dave delete previous post

• 2 weeks later...

A question, I'm using MangChat for the global channel thing, the auto invite (to avoid speaking at the LFG as general, and also that some people have problems with it cause they have their client in another language.

I'm not currently using the IRC client.

Is there any way that when someone auto join the Global channel (Called Assassin in my server) it doesnt spawn the

"[6. Assassin] [%S] Joined channel"

and

"[6. Assassin] [%S] Left channel"

• 2 weeks later...

Both errors where resolved to me after replacing the "*new" with "new" like they did in the commit you linked.

IRCCmde.cpp Line 1433

-    ACE_Based::Thread script(*new mcs_OnlinePlayers(CD));
+    ACE_Based::Thread script(new mcs_OnlinePlayers(CD));

Master.cpp Line 304

-    ACE_Based::Thread irc(*new IRCClient);
+    ACE_Based::Thread irc(new IRCClient);

if i am correct *new created a pointer to the object, and now you pass on the object

Thanx Schnappie. I did try that I believe...ttied several things maybe those two changes you recommend was enough. I'm gonna try it again.

A quick other question. Is this mangchat running good on your system? I got a few more disconnects on my server with this. Could be something else so I am jus asking. ;)