bdebaere

Question

Hello,

Since I updated to develop21 my personal realm is no longer public. My girlfriend and I play on it from time to time for fun. I copied the realmd.config from my release20 version I had running before this. I checked the mangosd config file for any differences but appear not to be finding any. I'm certain it's the update, as when I run release20 version she can still connect.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

9 answers to this question

In Develop21 an extra field was added to the realmlist table

There are now two fields: an internal IP Address and an External IP Address

- can you check that you have these set

Yes I noticed two added columns. I tried setting

localSubnetMask: 255.255.255.0 (taken from ipconfig Subnet Mask)

localAddress: my internal ip and my router's ip

Am I setting the wrong values?

Ok so the issue apparently is that you cannot set your DNS as address anymore. In rel20 this was no problem. No biggie, my external IP is now where the DNS was.

Don't think classic ever supported DNS from the login server, i know covenant-wow we don't use it.

Using a DNS should work perfectly fine, has your IP possibly changed without your DNS route being updated?

My IP hasn't changed. I'll check again tonight to see for sure if I didn't make any typos in the address column.

Or did you have your domain specified within the realmlist table itself?

EDIT: Yes this is exactly what I did. And what worked in release20. What I did to test, the day before yesterday, was just

• change address to my DNS
  • restart server
  • girlfriend can't connect

• change address to my IP
  • restart server
  • girlfriend can connect

But before freaking out, I want to double check I didn't make any typo.

Archived