How do I set gmlevel 4 privs?

mtp1032

Question

Using the assumption that setting an account to gmlevel 4 cannot be done in-game but requires the mangos console, I still failed. For example, when issuing the following command I get the error message "incorrect values".

mangos>account create Master Mzplxzit04? 0       // This creates an account, Master, with account Id 10

mangos>account set gmlevel 10 4
Incorrect values.

mangos>

Can someone point me in the right direction? Will this ultimately require changing the value in the db directly using SQL?

Thanks, in advance

Michael

13 answers to this question

6 hours ago, Shaorin said:

well i dont know if it works nowdays not tryed. but back in the days you could go into the DB and set it to 4 manuely and not via the console.

like madmax its a console thing. but damn its usefule to be able to delete and make account when you are online. and do othe console things right inside the game.

but it seems like they have removed the thing. i guess only thing you can do is to do into the code and try to find out what to cahnge and bring it back. but as it stands now the server dont allow you to set it higer the 3. even if you set it 4 in DB the game still only see it as 3. what you can try to do is so lower the commends that need 4 to 3. and that would work maybe. but if you get more then one GM that are 3 then it can be problems if they miss use those commands

Thanks for the response, Shaorin. In the meantime, would someone try to set a character's gm level to 4 via SQL (I use the MySQL Workbench) and confirm this behavior? So, for example, I have a character whose gm level is 3. Per previous advice (see above),  I attempted to change her gm level to 4 directly through the database. Yet, when I log back into the game, the character's gm level remains at 3.

Another way of looking at this is as follows: the database shows the character's gm level as 4 and the game shows the gm level as 3. Does anyone else see this?

Thanks, again, in advance

NOTES:

I built this system in the fall of last year and it has not been modified - 21014 [world-daemon]

On 12/20/2017 at 12:18 PM, antz said:

@mtp1032 - As Madmax has said before, you CANNOT do this from the console !!

1) Open the realmd database using your normal management tool
2) Open the account table and find the user you wish to modify
3) Change the GMLevel field to 4 and save the changes.

It's been awhile as real-life intruded on my MaNGOS project, but, I wanted to follow up as I've dived back in. Per the above, I've successfully changed the GMLevel field to 4 using the MySQL Workbench (realmd.account.gmlevel). But, when I log into the game that account still shows GMLevel as 3. If it makes any difference, MySQL->Auto-Commit Transactions is set to ON.

Am I missing something?

Thanks, in advance.

@mtp1032 No player should have GM rank 4. GM rank 4 is reserved for server console only. Why do you need a player to have GM rank 4?

Allowing GM rank 4 to be used by an account should not be the solution to any problem you might be having. We do not know your real problem.
I know that people have been circumventing the restrictions through DB sometimes, but that is not intended.

well i dont know if it works nowdays not tryed. but back in the days you could go into the DB and set it to 4 manuely and not via the console.

like madmax its a console thing. but damn its usefule to be able to delete and make account when you are online. and do othe console things right inside the game.

but it seems like they have removed the thing. i guess only thing you can do is to do into the code and try to find out what to cahnge and bring it back. but as it stands now the server dont allow you to set it higer the 3. even if you set it 4 in DB the game still only see it as 3. what you can try to do is so lower the commends that need 4 to 3. and that would work maybe. but if you get more then one GM that are 3 then it can be problems if they miss use those commands

hey i guess you missunderstood me.

well i did change it via DB but its the same thing as doing via SQL.

the code say that you cant be GMlvevel 4. it can only be 3

so the only way are to cahnge it in the code to allow it once more. i dont know where it is so you cant ask me.

but if you use new core you cant use GMlevel 4. sorry. if you set it to for the server will only see it as 3 anyway

when i mean i cant do this on old days i mean. i'm talking like 2013 or something this old

2 hours ago, madmax said:

Hey,

Basically level 4 GM commands can only be used on the server console. The maximum you can use in a default mangos core without changes is GM level 3 in-game.

What commands you having trouble running in-game currently ?

Thank you for the quick response. I'm having no problems executing gmlevel 1,2, or 3 commands from in-game. I need to be able to execute gmlevel 4 commands (but not from in-game). From the documentation, I gathered that one must set gmlevel 4 either from the console or through SQL directly. What prompted my question was that I was unable to set gmlevel 4 from the console. For example, for account ID = 10, the following [equivalent] commands do not work:

mangos>account set gmlevel 10 4

or

mangos>account set gmlevel Master 4

My sense is that I am either doing something wrong or I am missing something (probably obvious).

Thanks again,

Michael

8 hours ago, madmax said:

The server console does not require you to login to run level 4 commands. Remote users are limited to level 3, even if logging in via remote console. This is a current limit of the software.

Hmmmm, I'm so sorry but I'm not quite sure I'm following you. I am unable to set an account's gmlevel to 4 from the console. I am running mangoszero locally and using the mangos prompt. With this in mind, note that the following command fails:

mangos>account set gmlevel Master 4

Where Master is the name of the account (using the account's ID yields the same result). Here's the error message:

CLI command under processing ...
Incorrect values

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding your advice. I hope you'll bear with me a little longer.

Michael

Archived