Herb Nodes

bozimmerman

Question

Hello again,

I've been testing my Mangos Zero server like crazy, and I've run into two issues so far, but only one of them has me alarmed.

There is one (1) Peacebloom spawn in all of Elwynn Forest.  I confirmed this with .lookup pool Peacebloom.  The problem of insanely low Herb node instances seems to apply to other zones as well, since I first noticed it in Mulgore.  I don't think this is accurate to Vanilla Wow.

I  tried increasing the Max herb node count for Elwynn Forest in the pool_template table, and then restarting and clearing my client cache, but this made no difference. :( 

So, my questions:
1. What went wrong in my installation process that this should happen?  I'm Using World DB: Version: 21, Structure: 16, Content: 16.  I built and installed from github just a few days ago using the getmangos script.

2.  Why did my attempt to fix the problem fail?  Are there other steps necessary?  Are there other docs I neglected to read?

Thanks for any response!

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Necrovoice said:

You will need to first add the object to your gameobject table, then you will use that guid and add it to your pool_gameobject table

Hi.

So, do you have any idea how my db got in this state, or how I might correct the general problem of (1) herb node in every zone?  Is it standard when installing mangos-zero to do what you are suggesting for each and every herb node in each and every zone in which it was supposed to appear, or do you think my database is uniquely broken?

If you don't see this problem in your mangos-zero install, would you mind dumping your world DB and posting it somewhere so that I can compare it to mine?

Thanks again!

If your using the official mangosZero  db from git, then I would say that its not an issue with your DB.
There have been people in the past that have worked on gathering nodes in the past, but I dont believe anyone has done an overhaul of the spawning pools and locations. Something that is badly needed across all version.  Depending  on what version you are working with the nodes are more or less  in each zone and not uniform in anyway. 

It has been on my list of projects. But that in addition to the few I have been working on, it is a massive undertaking to populate.

Thank you so much for your response!

I Agree that the problem of one (1) herb node in all of Elwynn Forest is probably not a DB issue   I checked the pool_gameobject table as suggested, and there are plenty listed there. Certainly much much more than 1!   I also compared the contents of this table with other vanilla wow dbs, and it's close enough.

I've been figuring out how to use the .pool spawns and .lookup pool commands. Those are helping quite a bit.

- Bo

Edited by bozimmerman
  • Like 1

Not to make a bad situation worse but I do have an official answer for you.

Basically what happened is as they are developing each version of the game they are focusing more on quests bug fixes ect.

From what i' told they did do a few zones with the correct spawn nodes for herbs AND ore nodes but they stopped shortly after because of the amount of tedious work it takes.

Personally i've gone through all the way up to mithril and populated my zones manually. 

Unfortunately its not a build problem or a messed up DB problem its actually just that way because of them not having enough time to really tackle the issue. 

I think im up to around 2000 nodes i've placed.......lol

HI,

this is my first response/report, so please be gentle with me.

I am a complete noob in this whole thing and have to do a lot of homework before I can be a worthy member of this comunity, but I am kind of excited on this particular topic.

I noticed the same Herb Node problem in my MaNGOSONE server. I started a Tauren and all along Mulgore and The Barrens there was just one funktional Nod per Herb in both Maps.

But as soon as I started the quest "Root Samples" in Ratchet all herb nods were functional. Up too the Point were I had all the roots together. At this point the Nods were unavailable again. So the Herbs are visible and with the active quest collectable, but as soon as you have your questitems together they aren´t longer...

I have no idea what to do with this information and still trying to understand the database, but maybe it can help one of you. If I find out something else I will report again.

Unfortunately, I really do not have much experience, but I will do my best. First I have to familiarize myself with the basics because I got my version of MaNGOS from a friend. So I have to find out first which version exactly I have installed and which details are necessary for a proper bug report. I will contact you again if I have read more deeply.