MaNGOS unofficial cms

Tuker

Unofficial MaNGOS CMS

Hey guys, i'm here to write down some information about a Project which i'm working on, to get some information from community.

The project come from a simple need, that could help many people on handling his server information, a Featured CMS for MaNGOS servers.

Right now i'm writing based on MaNGOS Zero, maybe the simplest, but i'll sure make it Cross Version.

Technical Informations

Following the Languages used to develop:

• Php 7 (after MadMax advices)
  • HTML 5
  • CSS 3
  • JavaScript

External Framework used:

Which are the Main feature of CMS actually? (the percentage reppresent the Development status)

• 100% - Template Customization System
    Spoiler

An easy way to customize your CMS, and switch from a version to another (it comes with version based theme fully RESPONSIVE)
    Everyone will be able to use guidelines for new Templates creation.

• 100% - Module Implementation System
    Spoiler

An easy way to add functionality to CMS, integrating PHP, CSS and JS files automatically, just installing them (it comes with some example modules that could be used everywhere in the CMS)
    Everyone will be able to use guidelines for new Modules creation.

• 100% - DB Layer Classes
    Spoiler

A Layer to the Database, that made easier the write down of every component of the WebSite (it comes with some base DB class that are needed for existing modules)
    Existing classes:
    - Account - Class to handle in-game Account information
    - Character - Class to handle Character information, related to an Account (actually doesn't handle multi realm)
    - CmsUser - Class to handle cms User Account information
    - News- Class to handle News on the CMS
    - Quest - Class to handle Quest available on Realm (actually doesn't handle multi realm)
    - Realm - Class to handle Realm information (actually doesn't handle multi realm)

• 40% - Page Builder
    Spoiler

A simple PageBuilder that let you add refer to Modules or add hand written content (it comes with some example pages imeplemented)

• 80% - Dynamic Menu Builder
    Spoiler

A simple Menu builder that let you add voices, defining order and condition for showing

• 100% - Integrated CMS/Server Login and Registration System
    Spoiler

As name says, it let user toregistrate over the WebSite and the Game Server

• 100%Quest Section

• Spoiler

A section of the CMS that let userto see (from id's or from a search box) Quest available on the MaNGOS DB (actually working for Zero).
    Actually the Search Box misses, but now quest are available from a page using quest id.

Spoiler

58aa455ccab00_questexample.thumb.png.577c6049763c8fbf68a4334f4bb48315.png

• 100% - Armory - A Realm Character/Guilds listing section, with Character informations (using DB Layer)

Some Implemented Modules:

• 100% - Realm Status - Realms information, about registered and online users (using DB Layer)
  • 50% - Profile Tile - A tile with shortened user information, let you user know about his Account Status etc. (using DB Layer)
  • 100% - Server Stats - Information about Registered Account and Statistics
  • 100% - Horizontal Menu - A module that get from DB the Menu item and display as a Horizontal Menu
  • 100% - Latest News - A module that show a Slider Carousel with Latest 3 news in Server

As soon as possible i'll add a link to download and try by yourself the cms,

Future feature that will be implemented (some from community advice):

• CMS Engine Section
    • Installation Wizard (Not Available for the first release)
    • Character, Guild and Items details

[*]Admin Section

• 60% - Newsletter System
    • 100% - News System

[*]Game Master Section

• 100% - Istant Leveling System Not more available
    • 100% - Character Info modify feature (MadMax)
    • 0% -Invite a Friend Reward System Not More Available
    • 100% - Character and Guild lookup (MadMax)

I'm open to get Tips and Advice about how go on with development.

Hope you appreciate this project!

Cheers!

Screenshots:

Home Page - Mobile Responsive

Home Page - Full Size

Profile Tile:

Spoiler

58aa4472577b3_profiletile.png.b285530430a50ce55a820966073f8ad0.png

Armory Example:

Spoiler

armory.thumb.png.6e4416e28dff94085f3209bd5637df42.png

Quest Example:

Spoiler

58aa455ccab00_questexample.thumb.png.577c6049763c8fbf68a4334f4bb48315.png

Edited by Tuker
Added screenshots
  • Like 2

Hey,

would be interested in giving this a try.

Few things I would recommend:

• Full PHP 7 compatibility, the older versions are not far off end of life so best to think ahead.
    • The 5.* branch runs out of active support at the end of 2018, while they will provide security fixes PHP 7 is where development should be at. I say this because of the speed at which PHP 7 runs at now, it should not be a massive job to change over, I could even provide a hosting enviroment for you to test with on PHP 7 with opcache / PHP-FPM.

[*]An armory of some kind

[*]Ability to lookup characters, guilds, items

[*]Game Master section on the main site

• Ability to manage existing tickets
      • Maybe look into the ability to create tickets, we could look into expanding the GM system to work with a CMS to provide ticket history and allow the GMs to close a ticket and send the in-game survey to a user etc.

[*]Ability to change level on characters, gold, name, guild and so on.

• Some things might mean you would need to lookup in the database for example guilds, could be done with AJAX to provide a list as you type.

[*]Ability to send (remove? don't know if this is possible) items to a character.

[*]Admin section could include

• Viewing of server logs, would need functionality added on our end to pull logs from the logs folder, but probably something we could help with
      • Character logs, you could lookup a character and see what changes have happened in a simplified view.

[*]Ability to set MoTD, Server name, port, and pretty much every option in the server config file via the site

• We would need to provide you the functionality to do this, this would include pulling current values running on the server and giving the server the ability to write the config file.
      • I will bring this up to antz to look at (only if you are interested).

This is an extensive list, but ultimately what I personally would love to see happen. I think something like this once the base is built should be put on github and maybe you would get some help and make it open-source.

@antz @H0zen see what you two think :)

• Like 1

Thanks MadMax for interesting!

For PHP7 compatibilty i'll try to run an environment and have a try with it, to see if it run good with it.

Currently i forgot to add that also a Armory features is active, to look at the Realm Characters.

For character, guild and items look up, i think it should not be a problem, i'll list it to future features.

GameMaster Section:

• There is any existing documentation for the actually implemented GM System game-serverside? Just to figure out what feature i can get from it.
  • The eventually extension for Ticket Management it will be sure usefull.
  • Ability to modify Characters info should be the base to the Istant *LEVEL* system.
  • A system to send items it may be GameMail sending, to simplify and reduce Game DB updates. For remove items it should be done by modifing item_invetory table.

Admin Section:

• For Server Logs do you refer about a file or a db sided log?
  • For Characters Logs do you refer about a DB table?
  • For Config information changing, there is actually an 'hot' config file set feature? Eventually it could be discussed

I'll update Post with new information ASAP.

Hey,

would be interested in giving this a try.

Few things I would recommend:

• Full PHP 7 compatibility, the older versions are not far off end of life so best to think ahead.
    • The 5.* branch runs out of active support at the end of 2018, while they will provide security fixes PHP 7 is where development should be at. I say this because of the speed at which PHP 7 runs at now, it should not be a massive job to change over, I could even provide a hosting enviroment for you to test with on PHP 7 with opcache / PHP-FPM.

[*]An armory of some kind

[*]Ability to lookup characters, guilds, items

[*]Game Master section on the main site

• Ability to manage existing tickets
      • Maybe look into the ability to create tickets, we could look into expanding the GM system to work with a CMS to provide ticket history and allow the GMs to close a ticket and send the in-game survey to a user etc.

[*]Ability to change level on characters, gold, name, guild and so on.

• Some things might mean you would need to lookup in the database for example guilds, could be done with AJAX to provide a list as you type.

[*]Ability to send (remove? don't know if this is possible) items to a character.

[*]Admin section could include

• Viewing of server logs, would need functionality added on our end to pull logs from the logs folder, but probably something we could help with
      • Character logs, you could lookup a character and see what changes have happened in a simplified view.

[*]Ability to set MoTD, Server name, port, and pretty much every option in the server config file via the site

• We would need to provide you the functionality to do this, this would include pulling current values running on the server and giving the server the ability to write the config file.
      • I will bring this up to antz to look at (only if you are interested).

This is an extensive list, but ultimately what I personally would love to see happen. I think something like this once the base is built should be put on github and maybe you would get some help and make it open-source.

@antz @H0zen see what you two think :)

Edited by Tuker
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 6/6/2016 at 10:40 AM, Ingma said:

Looks Great!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks! i'm working on it!

On 19/1/2017 at 9:59 AM, Memus said:

Looks good!
Download?

On 17/2/2017 at 3:42 PM, mpfans said:

nice!I need this website! I can test it?

Right now i'm working on made a clean version that can be easily installed by everyone. 

It will be downloadable as soon as i end, i'll create a package to share it.

I'll Update the main Post with new on feature/implementation details.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since the last update.

As all of you can see in the description (updated some week ago), I've excluded some feature from the first release.

I've also refactored everything to work with CodeIgniter, to let all of you more comfortable in case of customization. Btw, the first release is now in testing and should be available with a little installation guide in a few days (probably on 3rd December).

It will be not a Perfect Version and a lot of work is required to be considered as full working, but it's a good start to achieve to have a CMS/Web site for every Test Environment.

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think the owner has had much time to work on this project lately. Might have to wait and see when they have the time to make some more progress on it.
The user has been active recently. Just have to see what happens.