[PATCH] AuctionHouse Bot

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean the AHBot section in mangosd.conf is completely missing or just that the settings for min items, maxitems, prices, stack amounts, and the rest are missing?

If it is the first reason, then you may have had an error in Git while pulling from xeross' repo. Delete your local repo and try again.

If the latter is your case, then you should be aware those settings are stored in the auctionhouse_bot tables in your characters database. Make sure you have read all instructions and documentation completely, then follow those instructions precisely.

AHBot should work fine with 3.3.3a.

Thanks for fixing things up, xeross. :)

Now that the Buyer is working once more, it leads to the burning question. Does the AHBuyer now work for all factions or is it still limited to only Neutral (Goblin) Auction Houses?

I have tested it with 9763 and the Buyer will work again for each faction separately.

At least for the Alliance and Horde, Goblin should be further tested

git clone git://github.com/xeross/mangos.git ahbot
git checkout -b ahbot origin/ahbot

That will make it switch to the ahbot code.

Updated patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?tzmztgzyotk

I tryed code above... And link

Updated patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?tzmztgzyotk

says patch for 9652_AHBbot ??? still get 2 errors there as Mrelfire

git clone git://github.com/xeross/mangos.git ahbot ... works ok, but when i tryed git checkout -b ahbot origin/ahbot i get error

Fatal: git checkout: updating paths is incompatible with switching branches. Did you intend to checkout 'origin/ahbot' which can not be resolved as commit?

i get same error as Mrelfire

Today we have 2 merge conflict with the latest core :

world.cpp

world.h

used patch from post 679

Running core 9754

Hmm wonder what im doing wrong ? lol SyriosOne got it to work, so i must be doing something wrong

I also have it working...and all I did was a git pull from Xeross's repo and edit out the <<< Head...blah blah statements compiled no problem...Mangos rev. 9772 with Vehicle branch as well. The server has been up for 6 hours aprox now with Buyer working in all three AH's and All three have items (1000 min to 10,000 max 500 in cycle) and oh yes I almost for got no I'm not having issues with Dual Spec or AHbot and THEY HAVE the TOURNAMENT working....

git clone git://github.com/xeross/mangos.git ahbot ... works ok, but when i tryed git checkout -b ahbot origin/ahbot i get error

Fatal: git checkout: updating paths is incompatible with switching branches. Did you intend to checkout 'origin/ahbot' which can not be resolved as commit?

It must be

cd ahbot
git checkout origin/ahbot
git checkout -b ahbot

cd ahbot is used to switch the folder if you have not done it by hand

This does not change the merge errors. The two errors must be fixed by hand.

Create a new patch file

git diff master ahbot > auctionhousebot.patch

and adjust the line number for World.cpp and World.h in the patch file with your core files.

Then you can patch it as usual to your Core

I hope that helps. My English is a little rusty and I find it difficult to explain something

Xeross could you please update your branch that makes a lot more easier for all. Thx

It must be

cd ahbot
git checkout -b ahbot

cd ahbot is used to switch the folder if you have not done it by hand

This does not change the merge errors. The two errors must be fixed by hand.

Create a new patch file

and adjust the line number for World.cpp and World.h in the patch file with your core files.

Then you can patch it as usual to your Core

I hope that helps. My English is a little rusty and I find it difficult to explain something

Actually SyriosOne, I find your English polished and working better than most native English speaking members of the internet.

Thanks for the good explanation of the git patching and branch system.

Your English is fine SyriosOne :D Better then mine, And im from the U.S. Ok i still cant get it right, I'm not sure what i am doing wrong. There a way you can upload or post the auctionhousebot.patch file ?

i did as you said in post above

git clone git://github.com/xeross/mangos.git ahbot ok

cd ahbot ok

Note: moving to 'origin/ahbot' which isn't a local branch

If you want to create a new branch from this checkout, you may do so

(now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

git checkout -b (new_branch_name)

HEAD is now 000c60e... * Added reload command to ahbot * Some ahbot cleanups

git checkout -b ahbot ok

then

it made patch file auctionhousebot.patch 3,636 KB

Then when i try to applay pacth using command

patch -d . -p1 < auctionhousebot.patch

can't find file to patch at input line 5

Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option ?

The text leading up to this was:

---------------------------------------

:Diff --git a/.gitignore b/.gitignore

:index d785f4f..68180f9 100644

:--- a/.gitignore

:+++b/.gitignore

-----------------------------------

Here is my latest patch file for mangos r9780.

http://rapidshare.com/files/379065114/AHBot_for_r9780.zip.html

But therefore you need to download Tortoise SVN. So it's easier for me to correct merge errors.

Create a new folder with the name source on the desktop.

Git Bash

git clone [url]http://github.com/mangos/mangos.git[/url]

Copy the two Botfiles to: source / mangos / src / game folder and the Ahbot.patch file on the desktop.

Right click the patch file ---> Tortoise SVN -----> apply patch.

A Window opens. Choose Desktop and click on OK.

It opens a small window. Right-clicking -----> Patch all

Compile and have fun:)

I hope you only used to compile the VC90. For VC80 and VC100 paths are not patched.

Here is my latest patch file for mangos r9780.

http://rapidshare.com/files/379065114/AHBot_for_r9780.zip.html

But therefore you need to download Tortoise SVN. So it's easier for me to correct merge errors.

Create a new folder with the name source on the desktop.

Git Bash

git clone [url]http://github.com/mangos/mangos.git[/url]

Copy the two Botfiles to: source / mangos / src / game folder and the Ahbot.patch file on the desktop.

Right click the patch file ---> Tortoise SVN -----> apply patch.

A Window opens. Choose Desktop and click on OK.

It opens a small window. Right-clicking -----> Patch all

Compile and have fun:)

I hope you only used to compile the VC90. For VC80 and VC100 paths are not patched.

and this is what I get from Rapidshare...:

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

This is why I don't like Rapidshare...Sorry...

Am I the only one to have these merge conflicts ?

No mrelfire I had the same problem but I edited out the usual '<<<< Head' bla bla bla coments and then comited it with git gui and compiled fine in 32 bit (I still can't get a 64 bit windows compile out of Mangos core) and my server has been up for aprox 6 hours with no trouble and all AH's are up and running. but then again I haven't really tested just noted that the AH's have items and the buyer is buying items I put into the Allience and Neutral AH's, don't know about Horde AH as I don't have a Horde toon right now.

Or you can use the masochistic method favored by myself : hand editing the patch into your source.

Mainly, I do that because I'm largely Git illiterate, but I'd like to think it's because I'm old-school. :rolleyes:

I've just too much to absorb and too few hours in my day to do so. This means a lot of things slide to the bottom of my list... like Git mastery, learn C++, and all the other fun stuff my heart prefers.

If you are requesting a "fix" whenever you get a merge conflict, you're out of luck, you can fix those yourself fairly easy, just a matter of doing a little research on how to set up your mergetool.

today I do it manuallly which is not fun :) .

As the "guardian" of ahobt, it will be interesting to have a "fix".

This thread is getting way out of control and is getting confusing to follow with multiple people posting patches and telling everyone different ways to apply patches or merge branches...

Could we maybe get this thread locked? Have a new thread created by someone who is going to watch and maintain this Core Mod? Provide a rewritten first post with instructions on how to get this code and apply it to Mangos git clone? Perhaps just git pull to merge? (I may be wrong but a simple git clone of mangos followed by a git pull from an AHBot source should be all that's necessary)...Something more clear and concise than what is currently going on. Every day I check this thread there is yet another person providing a different patch and some other way to apply it. Perhaps I'm out of line...but it seems whenever the current "guardian" of AHBot steps away for awhile we've gotten a new thread so that the new person can keep the first thread updated with relevant information.

It's not necessary to make it compile with each new commit of Mangos...Are most of us running a new compile every single day? Impossible to get any real testing done if that's the case. Anyways...A weekly update wouldn't be bad...just need something more standard and consistent because this current method of getting it updated is driving me crazy.