[PATCH] AuctionHouse Bot

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please a "Patch" file :)

I know you like us to clone a repositry but this mean you need to keep your repository updated with the mangos repository .... i would prefer a patch file that i can add

Thanks

you can create a patch file from a repository, it it better tou update the git repository, after you do what you want

Patch for World.h [9740]

diff --git a/src/game/World.h b/src/game/World.h
index a4e4f6f..81e5cc3 100644
--- a/src/game/World.h
+++ b/src/game/World.h
@@ -177,6 +177,14 @@ enum eConfigUInt32Values
    CONFIG_UINT32_TIMERBAR_FIRE_GMLEVEL,
    CONFIG_UINT32_TIMERBAR_FIRE_MAX,
    CONFIG_UINT32_MIN_LEVEL_STAT_SAVE,
+
+    /* Start AHBot */
+    CONFIG_UINT32_AHBOT_ACCOUNT_ID,
+    CONFIG_UINT32_AHBOT_CHARACTER_ID,
+
+    CONFIG_UINT32_AHBOT_ITEMS_CYCLE,
+    /* End AHBot*/
+
    CONFIG_UINT32_VALUE_COUNT
};

@@ -307,6 +315,25 @@ enum eConfigBoolValues
    CONFIG_BOOL_ARENA_QUEUE_ANNOUNCER_EXIT,
    CONFIG_BOOL_KICK_PLAYER_ON_BAD_PACKET,
    CONFIG_BOOL_STATS_SAVE_ONLY_ON_LOGOUT,
+
+    /* Start AHBot */
+    CONFIG_BOOL_AHBOT_SELLER_ENABLED,
+    CONFIG_BOOL_AHBOT_BUYER_ENABLED,
+
+    CONFIG_BOOL_AHBOT_ITEMS_VENDOR,
+    CONFIG_BOOL_AHBOT_ITEMS_LOOT,
+    CONFIG_BOOL_AHBOT_ITEMS_MISC,
+
+    CONFIG_BOOL_AHBOT_BIND_NO,
+    CONFIG_BOOL_AHBOT_BIND_PICKUP,
+    CONFIG_BOOL_AHBOT_BIND_EQUIP,
+    CONFIG_BOOL_AHBOT_BIND_USE,
+    CONFIG_BOOL_AHBOT_BIND_QUEST,
+
+    CONFIG_BOOL_AHBOT_BUYPRICE_SELLER,
+    CONFIG_BOOL_AHBOT_BUYPRICE_BUYER,
+    /* End AHBot*/
+
    CONFIG_BOOL_VALUE_COUNT
};

Probably a case of mixing up names and posts. There's been so many fixes and code snippets flying in salvos that even I'm confused. lol

Time to bury myself up to the eyeballs with the code and my editor in an attempt to piece all this together. I feel like saying "No way I'm going in there! Not without a wetsuit and a mining helmet!"

Unless you have a computer that has a very good CPU and RAM, you may wish to set your min items and max items to be close in value. You current settings means you may have times where the AHBot will be deleting or adding as much as 10,000 items the moment the first player logs on for the day. This can create significant lag of up to several minutes before a player can get to the character selection screen. If you really must have as many as 15,000 items in your Auction Houses, try setting min_items to the same value or not less than 10,000 to prevent table thrashing and server lag.

xeross' repo includes jsee's fix. Try fetching from there. I'm still stuck with other patches in my code before I can compile and test.

Oh yeah! Almost forgot. I did a line-by-line compare of jsee's world.h patch and saw no difference, other than line numbering, between it and xeross' world.h in his repo. So why was this needed? Remember I'm no C++ expert and may not see the reason.

xeross' repo includes jsee's fix. Try fetching from there. I'm still stuck with other patches in my code before I can compile and test.

Oh yeah! Almost forgot. I did a line-by-line compare of jsee's world.h patch and saw no difference, other than line numbering, between it and xeross' world.h in his repo. So why was this needed? Remember I'm no C++ expert and may not see the reason.

Thank you UnkleNuke, I have done a pull from xeross's repo and had sent him an email on it, found a bunch of errors on compile, but since then I found the error that caused it an got it fixed...git messed up the pull. Now I have a working pull with 9748 and as soon as I get my DB's updated(haven't since 3.3.2) I'll test it.

Glad I could be of help, DC. :)

On a side note... I've turned into a Core Mods junkie, it seems. I spend more time these days working everything in together than I do actually getting to play on my server. lol

Of course, I absolutely refuse to run my server without AHBot. This is one mod I consider as essential as the MaNGOS core itself!

P.S. Maybe you could generate a diff file for temporary and the other patch file fans, while you're merging AHBot with your source, DaemonCantor.

If you want to have something in auction house by AHBOT

=========(=======================================

~~HOW TO CONFIGURE~~ !!! AHBOT README !!!

===============================================================================

Step 1.) Create a character that you are going to use as the auction house bot

character. This character will be the auction's owner for all the

items created by the bot.

Step 2.) Go into the realm database and note the account number for the

character.

Step 3.) Go into the characters database and note the character's GUID.

Step 4.) Log in at least once with this character.

(Do not change the configuration before this)

Step 5.) Tune the configuration options in the configuration file and the

Database.

i advise each time you make a database update.

i advise each time you make a database update.

And your reasoning behind this advice is based upon what? Has xeross introduced some potential problems after rewriting the AHBot?

Historically, I've never had any problems with database corruption or errors due to the AHBot itself, except when I've had a server crash. Only under those circumstances have I found table errors with the AHBot, and those were easily corrected with some simple maintenance. If anything, xeross' updating of the table functions ought to make AHBot's crash recovery automatic, since it now uses the same schema as the MaNGOS core.

So long as you follow the AHBot setup instructions exactly to the letter, you should have no problems.

yes, the core needs data from the db , there should be some sql files in the core files , something like "mangoscore/sql/auctionhousebot.sql" you will need to import that to your Characters Databse ,then you should configure the min-max items

also create a character that holds the action house items (auction's owner) ,then you need to go to mangosd.conf to change some fields :

AuctionHouseBot.Account = 6 (this is the number of the account)

AuctionHouseBot.GUID = 2 (the character number on that account )

hope this was useful

It should be noted that the Mangos Config file items for AHBot were changed. Everything compiled fine for me...and AHBot started during the Mangos start up. Yet I still had nothing in the AH...so I went and looked at the config file...

Just thought I would mention in case some people didn't catch that. The post by vladex is why I though people may need to look into this as a possible reason AHBot is not working despite compiling fine.