[PATCH] AuctionHouse Bot

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using Xeross's repo (9652) it works for me only when using Kreegoth's two files. I used Winmerge to find what is different between the two sets, and besides spaces, the only text/code that was in Kreegoth's AuctionHouseBot.h file and not in Xeross's, was the following:

Kreegoth's                 Xeross's
      bool AHBSeller;            
      bool AHBBuyer;            
      bool BuyMethod;            
      bool SellMethod;            

bool debug_Out;            bool debug_Out;

bool Vendor_Items;            
      bool Loot_Items;            
      bool Other_Items;            

bool No_Bind;            
      bool Bind_When_Picked_Up;            
      bool Bind_When_Equipped;            
      bool Bind_When_Use;            
      bool Bind_Quest_Item;  

That bit is right at the end of the file, which must be the bit making the difference?

Those are variable declarations, however I removed them because I moved them somewhere else, so they are completely useless and don't do anything any more.

Did you check Auctionhouse.cpp as well? but that's all i remember adding to Auctionhouse.h in last attempt i did because a few other things really messed it up.

Yup checked it, only differences were a few spaces.

@ Xeross: I have no clue about C++, but that is the only difference between your files, and his. I change absolutely nothing else.

Maybe this could help DOWNLOAD NOW!

That indicates the output from WinMerge

PS: Was just wondering, maybe it is only one or two of those "bool" statements that need to be included, and not all of them?

Well ill have to check Auctionhouse.cpp as those are the only two files i loaded in the .rar and it seems that replacing yours with mine makes it work. So it has to be something to do with one of those two files. Perhaps you forgot to replace some of them elsewhere I don't know I've been at work for almost 24 hours straight so havent had a chance to look at it really. It can't be any other files making the difference because i only included those two.

well, mine didn't work, so i copied your files over to the game folder with the rest of the cpp stuff, cleared out the release folder, re-compiled and bingo. So yes it must be those two files doing something as I didn't re-git, merge, full grab, nothing.

Well ill have to check Auctionhouse.cpp as those are the only two files i loaded in the .rar and it seems that replacing yours with mine makes it work. So it has to be something to do with one of those two files. Perhaps you forgot to replace some of them elsewhere I don't know I've been at work for almost 24 hours straight so havent had a chance to look at it really. It can't be any other files making the difference because i only included those two.

If I were to forget to replace them somewhere I would get errors when I compile the source stating the variable isn't declared.

All I can think of is that something is going wrong with the files that causes something to be messed up at their side, as I get mixed reports of people saying it works/doesn't work.

In 'C' and 'C++' the location where you declare variables can be important, this sounds like such a case where even though they are declared for the compile step, they do not get the expected value. There could even be differences between compiler behavior explaining the different results. Just a suggestion mind, have not looked through the code.

Well regardless, let's all just be happy that it is working now regardless of why and now figure out the why's:P I mean I know its confusing but lets just be thankful is does work.

Later I will try removing them one at a time and seeing if i can figure out if only one of them needs to be there or if its all of them. But as Rosjha says If it works this way why change it?

I am currently learning Git and not sure how to do alot of things with it yet as i spent about a year using SVN which is different:P

But if you go back to my post that has the Download now! link on it there is a .rar there with the replacement Auctionhouse.cpp and auctionhouse.h that works if you checkout Xeross's repo and then replace his files with mine.

But if you go back to my post that has the Download now! link on it there is a .rar there with the replacement Auctionhouse.cpp and auctionhouse.h that works if you checkout Xeross's repo and then replace his files with mine.

Just to re-iterate here. I checked out using normal repo and not xeross's :) 9661 though. Not tried anything newer.

So everything is working now with the new Mangos Core?

Every since it was bugged, I've bin checking the last comments ...to figure that people were still working on it ....

Where did you guys put the .patch file?

Thanks

What patch? Are you reading the wrong thread? We are talking about the two files in the .rar file. No patch at all.

Hmm merge errors are quite normal, especially when using multiple patches, you need to use some merge tool to fix them, I still need to write a tutorial about that.

unfortunately you are my first patch.

=> I have manually resolved the conflict, change the conf files and nothing. I am sutck and no clues where to look for.

I do not change my sql config files because it was working before

any ideas ?

instead of

git clone git://github.com/mangos/mangos.git

you do

git clone  git://github.com/xeross/mangos.git
git checkout -b ahbot origin/ahbot

And then you'll have your ahbot modified mangos.

Yes but if you use your patch above latest mangos version

From git://github.com/xeross/mangos

* branch ahbot -> FETCH_HEAD

Auto-merging src/game/AuctionHouseHandler.cpp

Auto-merging src/game/AuctionHouseMgr.cpp

Auto-merging src/game/Chat.cpp

Auto-merging src/game/Chat.h

Auto-merging src/game/Level3.cpp

Auto-merging src/game/Mail.cpp

Auto-merging src/game/Player.h

Auto-merging src/game/World.cpp

Auto-merging src/game/World.h

CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in src/game/World.h

Auto-merging src/mangosd/mangosd.conf.dist.in

Auto-merging win/VC100/game.vcxproj

Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.