AI Playerbot

Unkle Nuke

I worked on it (specifically the mage) before my child was born. I had the mage doing some basic stuff well. Attacking ranged, frost nova and blink when close, and repeating, but it was far from finished, and then there's the other classes. I will be resuming work once my daughter is a tad older and isn't so needy. Right now I am strapped for time, and I do miss working on MaNGOS.

i working on it too (Ike3's mangoszero version).

Cleaned out most of the wotlk spells from strategies and added some missing spells:

mortal strike,revenge,judgement,seal of the crusader,arcane explosion,enrage,berserker stance,barkskin etc.. + added stealth before combat to rogue,prowl to cat druid, also tried to update strategies (vanilla rotations to classes except healers) with partial succes.. added some new trigger too.. so if it helps take a look https://github.com/Lidocian/mangosbot-zero.

pls not flame, i just started to learn c++ and english autodidact.

+ LF some help with sunder armor stacking with tank warrior etc..

Edited by Lidocain

• madmax unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Hi all - it looks like this post goes back a long way.  What is the best bot to use right now for Mangos Zero?  Ikes?

We're using the bots included in the pack below, but struggled to get them to do anything in RFC last night. We only need 2 bots to do DPS (and ideally do mechanics when required).   I could really use some advice as we are brand new to this stuff.

Also - most every bot in our world is standing in fire, not grinding or questing.  

• 6 months later...

You can add bots as a GM with .bot add <character name>

it works like a charm, no problems.

However it only works if you GM, you cannot use the command as a regular player and obviously you cant make every player a GM...  how do you authorize so regular players can use the .bot add command.  I dont find the command in the database, or am i looking in the wrong place ?

I am using MangosZero on a linux box.

Edited by raymerjacque

• 3 months later...
On 1/16/2019 at 9:35 AM, raymerjacque said:

You can add bots as a GM with .bot add <character name>

it works like a charm, no problems.

However it only works if you GM, you cannot use the command as a regular player and obviously you cant make every player a GM...  how do you authorize so regular players can use the .bot add command.  I dont find the command in the database, or am i looking in the wrong place ?

I am using MangosZero on a linux box.

I know I'm chiming in a little bit late here, but after running into the same problem on my own, I was able to resolve it by setting PlayerCommands to 1 in mangosd.conf. This permits the use of allowed commands such as those associated with bots, but does not allow any problematic GM commands for regular users. There may be another way to go about this, but that's what worked for me.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...