[11723][PATCH]Auction House Bot

Auntie Mangos

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes been trying to get this into the core for many months now. Probably frustrated enough to take a break from it by now. I hope you keep up the good work Cyberium, and wish you well in whatever endevours you take on during your break time. :)

To the Devs:

This would be a huge asset to small servers. Its easy to set a toggle for it 'Auctionhousebot 1' would be on, 'Auctionhousebot 0' would be off. Those that dont want it wouldnt have to use it. Yes, it is not livelike, but its VERY good considering we dont have the player base of the actual live servers. Hope you guys can see fit to adding this into the core finally.

The reason it's not in the core yet is because it doesn't match the MaNGOS coding standard, once that's finished it should be accepted.

Are you sure about that ?

if I remember the last problem was the generic seller , after 5 months in review, it seems their were no alerts regarding coding problems

I suspect we wait a "free" slot from developers, isn't it right guys ?

I think all items that are bind on pickup should be excluded, I don't know if they already are, but I am assuming this is the case. It would be nice to have an option in the .conf file for other excluded items.

Bind on Pickups are disabled by default

so are quest items and lockboxes

I've created additional filters for my local repository that include

Mount.ReqLevel

Mount.ReqSkill

Glyph.ReqLevel

TradeGood.ItemLevel

Container.ItemLevel

If anyone is interested I can post the patch file, need to add some comments for it to be more helpful to others before i post it

I'll work on making a filter that will exclude specific item IDs sometime this weekend, I'll make it to work like the vmap.ignoreSpellIds option in mangos.conf, I think that would be the best way to filter out these specific items

I've mentioned this before but there are some items that contain the text like DND or zzOld in their names and they should be excluded as well, but a more dynamic approach should probably be taken for those

I completely agree, my additions that i mentioned i did not intend for those to go into the ahbot repository, only for other users to custom fine tune their own version of ahbot.. I only mentioned it here because it was asked, if people are interested though, somebody could make a separate thread with Core Modifications (patches) for ahbot that way these discussions and code would stay away from the actual ahbot that is under review (maybe a good idea, maybe not.. but just an idea)

https://github.com/antiroot/mangos/tree/new_ahbot

GIT URL: git://github.com/antiroot/mangos.git

I created a repository with a new_ahbot branch. The branch is pulled from cyberium's repository and merged with current mangos/master with conflict resolved. Other than the merge conflict fixes I do not plan to alter the branch from the way it is at cyberium's repo.

At first I thought multiple repos of the same thing was a bad idea (actually i still think it is) but I wanted to learn to use github (since mangos is meant for learning)

I'll make another branch later that has some of my fine tuning tweaks but it is separate from the current ahbot that is under review so any questions or ideas for tweaks should not clutter this thread and go into their own somewhere else